• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink Sales Reporting to GPA

25 posts in this topic

hi all,

I did a search on this, but only found some references to it that didn't really answer my question. apologize in advance if it's been covered. but...

why aren't CL sales results tracked in GPA?

seems they are one of the most noted and active comic sales entities out there, but they exist in parallel?

any input of a link to previous answer is appreciated - thanks!

From what I read the owner just doesn't want to provide the data to GPA. I didn't see anything else that explained the reason.

It makes no sense to me and has been a reason why I don't buy from ComicLink. I search their comics but I haven't bought a thing there.

If memory serves me correctly, CLink were prepared to offer selective sales data to GPA. And again, if I remember rightly, with George being an all-or-nothing type of guy, turned down their offer.

But I could be wrong.

If memory serves me correctly, CLink were prepared to offer selective sales data to GPA. And again, if I remember rightly, with George being an all-or-nothing type of guy, turned down their offer.

But I could be wrong.

Nope, that's it (thumbs u

But I could be wrong.

That's what I heard as well, Gav! (thumbs u

BTW, I think George's reasoning is fair. I presume Comiclink would only want to hand over sales info that was top dollar or a record price for a particular book. This method wouldn't reflect an accurate GPA for a book.

BTW, I think George's reasoning is fair. I presume Comiclink would only want to hand over sales info that was top dollar or a record price for a particular book. This method wouldn't reflect an accurate GPA for a book.

Exactly Mike (thumbs u

But I could be wrong.

This is what I read also. Why does CL only want to provide selective data? Why only provide the record prices? All sales data just seems so easy to do with no impact on Comic Link...

But I could be wrong.

This is what I read also. Why does CL only want to provide selective data? Why only provide the record prices? All sales data just seems so easy to do with no impact on Comic Link...

But it would have an impact on CLink. Every book gets a record low sale at some point, and if those prices were reported (or anything below GPA actually), is going to have an effect on future prices realised. Take Batman #426 - #429 as a prime example over the last five years.

Reporting only GPA highs (or around GPA) and record sales is definitely 'protecting the market'.

why aren't CL sales results tracked in GPA?

You can find some answers in this thread.

Some highlights:

I actually recently offered to start supplying some realized prices (selected higher dollar sales) to GPA and they did not appear to be interested.

Thanks,

Josh Nathanson

www.comiclink.com

Josh, we can continue going over this. You want to report some sales to us, we would rather you reported all sales. Other than the chart busters section on our home page, there is no identifier as to where the sale comes from. I can't force you to report to us, you can't force me to change my policy. Dealers are free to do what they want, buyers are free to do what they want.

I stand by my service and don't believe it misleads in any way. If that is your opinion, well, that is your opinion. You ultimately deal directly with your customers and you are best placed to put your argument forward for whatever position you hold for any and all issues.

But I could be wrong.

But it would have an impact on CLink. Every book gets a record low sale at some point, and if those prices were reported (or anything below GPA actually), is going to have an effect on future prices realised. Take Batman #426 - #429 as a prime example over the last five years.

Reporting only GPA highs (or around GPA) and record sales is definitely 'protecting the market'.

I understand what you mean, thanks. However, CL isn't the only game in town. Thus they really aren't protecting anything in the long run. Sites like Heritage and eBay are reporting the lows as well and that is being shown in GPA data. I've made two purchases in the past 6 months through ebay and HA that were lows in recent years.

At some point, the lower sales will trickle down to CL sales as well.

But I could be wrong.

I understand what you mean, thanks. However, CL isn't the only game in town. Thus they really aren't protecting anything in the long run. Sites like Heritage and eBay are reporting the lows as well and that is being shown in GPA data. I've made two purchases in the past 6 months through ebay and HA that were lows in recent years.

Every CGC sale I've made through eBay has been a record GPA low. There's a shot in the eye for the market.

But I could be wrong.

Every CGC sale I've made through eBay has been a record GPA low. There's a shot in the eye for the market.

Ouch! I think eBay has been reflective of the economy while specific sites like CL or Heritage, pedigree, quality comix...they have more specific audiences with deeper pockets...just a thought...

Ouch! I think eBay has been reflective of the economy while specific sites like CL or Heritage, pedigree, quality comix...they have more specific audiences with deeper pockets...just a thought...

It probably has something to do with the fact that I'm selling in the UK. Much less demand = lower prices realised.

I'm pretty sure that it's been said that Josh wanted payment for reporting to GPA as well. I can't confirm that it's true but I'm sure that it's been discussed on the boards.