• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mickey Mouse No. 58 cover price

4 posts in this topic

Since these issues are from 1958 I believe that this is the right place to post this.

These three issues are Mickey Mouse no. 58. They are identical in every way I can see except one. As you see two of my copies have 15 cent covers and one is 10 cents. I checked the issues right before and after number 58 and they are all 10 cents. Dell did not increase the prices until a few issues later.

Was Dell experimenting with higher pricing to see if it would work or was there another reason for the price difference? The back covers show the exact same 7-UP advertisement and the info page shows the same text as far as the issue number, etc..

MM58PriceVar.jpg

According to Jon McClure's article in this year's Overstreet, these 15 cent Dells are (U.S. published) Canadian editions. He actually writes that many (but not all) 10 cent Dells from 1956 to 1961 had these Canadian variants.

And yes, it's a cool find! (thumbs u

Thanks much for the information.

I do not know how I ever ended up with three copies of that issue as I used to only buy what I did not have. I think I must have gotten them when I bought a bunch at once. Checking my 1989 database I see I paid 20 cents to a quarter for most issues of Disney comics in the 80's. Ah those were the times...