• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EBAY MCO15 Security Warning- This is not a hoax. What is it?

16 posts in this topic

Anyone know anything about these MCO15 warnings?

I got an email that looked like it was from ebay, but I signed on to ebay from my normal channels, not thru the email.

The item I bought is no longer listed as having been won. It's just disappeared.

Anyone know whats going on?

Usually this means that an item that you bidded on or won violated some ebay rule and got yanked. If the item is no longer listed, stands to reason that the email was legit. You should have the same message in your ebay messages though. Provided you had not won and paid for the item in question, you should be good. If you won and paid for the item, you'll want to open a paypal claim.

Googled 'MCO15 ebay' and found a couple of examples. Here's one (not mine). Seems very clear - ebay have yanked the items and they are not available. If you've paid, you have to go through ebay for a refund.

-------------------------

We're writing to let you know that we removed the listing for the following item that you won or bid on:

280556032889 - Apple iPod touch 32 GB 3rd Gen Video Mp3 Player NEWEST

To help protect you, we removed this listing so we can confirm that the seller is not putting you or other eBay members at risk.

If you've already paid for this item through eBay, you can open a case in our Resolution Center to get your money back. All you need to do is click the link below, and select the "I haven't received it yet" option. This will guide you through the process to get a refund. (Unfortunately, because we removed the listing, you won't be able to look up the seller's contact information.)

If you won the item but haven't paid yet, don't pay for it.

If the seller offers you the item outside of eBay, we strongly encourage you to not accept the offer. These types of transactions are extremely risky and are not covered by eBay buyer protection programs.

If you didn't pay through eBay, please read the following information:

-- If you paid by Western Union or MoneyGram, contact the company directly (Western Union 800-325-6000 or MoneyGram 800-926-9400

-- If you paid by check, contact your bank to stop payment.

-- If you paid by credit card, contact your credit card company to dispute the charge.

We want to make sure you get your money back safely and quickly.

Thanks,

eBay

I got it via email.I was pretty sure it was a hoax but figured I'd ask here.

If you got it by emails the odds are its a phish!

But then he logged into his Ebay account and the same message was in the Ebay messaging system. So most probably not a phishing scam, but an alert the item had been taken down due to some violation.

I got it via email.I was pretty sure it was a hoax but figured I'd ask here.

If you got it by emails the odds are its a phish!

But then he logged into his Ebay account and the same message was in the Ebay messaging system. So most probably not a phishing scam, but an alert the item had been taken down due to some violation.

hm

Could be someone sold him a fake then, it happens all the time people sell bootleg stuff from China or someone sold him something that was not authorized by a company.Example people selling Uggs boots get taken down all the time because Uggs the company does not permit you to sell them on Ebay unless your an authorized seller.

Googled 'MCO15 ebay' and found a couple of examples. Here's one (not mine). Seems very clear - ebay have yanked the items and they are not available. If you've paid, you have to go through ebay for a refund.

-------------------------

We're writing to let you know that we removed the listing for the following item that you won or bid on:

280556032889 - Apple iPod touch 32 GB 3rd Gen Video Mp3 Player NEWEST

To help protect you, we removed this listing so we can confirm that the seller is not putting you or other eBay members at risk.

If you've already paid for this item through eBay, you can open a case in our Resolution Center to get your money back. All you need to do is click the link below, and select the "I haven't received it yet" option. This will guide you through the process to get a refund. (Unfortunately, because we removed the listing, you won't be able to look up the seller's contact information.)

If you won the item but haven't paid yet, don't pay for it.

If the seller offers you the item outside of eBay, we strongly encourage you to not accept the offer. These types of transactions are extremely risky and are not covered by eBay buyer protection programs.

If you didn't pay through eBay, please read the following information:

-- If you paid by Western Union or MoneyGram, contact the company directly (Western Union 800-325-6000 or MoneyGram 800-926-9400

-- If you paid by check, contact your bank to stop payment.

-- If you paid by credit card, contact your credit card company to dispute the charge.

We want to make sure you get your money back safely and quickly.

Thanks,

eBay

Thats it, but the seller already shipped the item, or at least notified ebay it was shipped before the transaction disspppeared.