• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mound City 2

229 posts in this topic

How much did the Sup1 and Bat1 go for?

What was the highest sale?

The Sup 1 finished for $30,680 after the 18% BP and the Bat 1 finished at $41,300 after the BP

VERY impressive prices realized on some of the books IMHO (mostly the keys or super hard to find books), I think the auction as a whole would have done better had it been more organized, it seemed a little crazy to have sweet Golden Age books, followed by common modern with Silver age mixed in the middle somewhere. No rhyme or reason to the way they listed the books rantrant

That Bats #1 went for insane money. Wow!

Really insane considering an 8.0 EP with OW pages (no trimming or married content) went for just under $13,500 on eBay last week. That seems like a crazy spread between EP and MP (shrug)

We were actually the buyers on the EP, seems like a huge bargain given what the MP just sold for! :whee:

Certainly looks that way. $41,300 for a MP :eek:
truly unbelievable to me hm

I can see a collector who doesn't necessarily keep up to online market trends, doesn't buy for flipping and plans to hold for a long time paying a premium for a book like this. It happens. :insane:

um, yeah, and it just so happened it was the highly touted, highly publicized, highly attented and known mound city auction that this collector stumbled upon (has to be 2, to make that no no, right ) :baiting:

Don't forget Rick. There was a reserve bidding against buyers on the Bats #1. I wasn't there for that book, but I saw it on the other big ones. I have no idea if the Bats was 2 bidders or just 1 and the reserve.

Don't forget Rick. There was a reserve bidding against buyers on the Bats #1. I wasn't there for that book, but I saw it on the other big ones. I have no idea if the Bats was 2 bidders or just 1 and the reserve.
reserve was 25K (thumbs u

That was fast! lol

Now if only they would put some contact info out there so I can call them with my correct CC #...

:popcorn:

To update that information, you can reach us at (314) 680-8599. Or you can reach me at (314) 599-0563 - all our contact information is readily available on our website.

When we reconciled day 1 and 2 of the sales on Proxibid, it automatically generated invoices with taxes added. We've gone through, corrected the invoices, and sent the corrected versions out - as well as an email to the winning bidders explaining the invoices, methods of payment, and basic shipping information.

I just got back from picking up over 1250 feet of bubble wrap - we'll be starting on packaging the books tomorrow morning.

Oh well.
how bout them cards :headbang:

Heck, the Astros may finish higher than the Cards :wishluck:

Wake up Richard, you're drooling on the keyboard again.

Best record since the All-Star break. Unfortunately the worst record before the All-Star break.

Talk about a schizophrenic team!

And currently losing to Livan and the Nats. Don't worry, however, the Nats are big on snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

BTW, my one win in the Mound City Auction was for a semi-key VG EC book that I got for less than the cost of slabbing. That's twice now I've gotten a lowish grade EC for less than the slabbing costs.

Oh well.

if they go 9-4, they finish .500 :o

From worst to just mediocre :banana:

Oh well.

if they go 9-4, they finish .500 :o

From worst to just mediocre :banana:

I'm rootin for ya...my Reds' fate is already sealed :cloud9: