• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please Help question regarding 9/11 and comics

83 posts in this topic

OBTL

On before the lock?

Out Before The Lock

:fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear: :fear:

Oh yes! I remember that one!

If you're going to look at the whole Vertigo line I'm sure you would find a lot of anti-religious sentiment. That's simply because there are a lot of intelligent, mature writers working on those titles, who are statistically more likely to be atheist/agnostic and have a dislike of religion (no judgement here, just a statistical fact that intelligence and education correlate strongly with atheism). That sort of anti-religious sentiment isn't reserved for Christianity, it applies to all religion.

What?

It's a simple fact. I'm not drawing any conclusions from it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religiosity_and_intelligence

Let's not derail the thread though. If you want to debate the correlation between IQ or education and religious belief please do start a thread in the water cooler. I'll be all over it :)

Not going to derail the thread. (thumbs u

Just found the statement "unusual" since education and intelligence don't necessarily correlate with each other let alone with a person's believe.

Everybody carry on... :shy:

I might agree with the last half "education correlates strongly with atheism" - but intelligence...I don't think you have a leg to stand on with that one.

Sorry, you can't be smart without a college degree. It's impossible.

Well good thing you can just cut a check to an unaccredited faith based university for one then (thumbs u Now we can all be smart :)

First, I would suggest looking up a recent work by Art Spiegelman (of Maus fame) called "In the Shadow of the Towers." It isn't superhero related but it is a graphic representation of the events of 9/11. You can also find a graphic novel representation of the 9/11 report. I haven't personally read that one yet, but I image it'd be an interesting resource.

Probably not what your friend is looking for, but it is an amazing piece of work! As I recall, they took the 9/11 Commission's report and turned it into four horizontal storylines across the entire book. Each "strip" represents one of the four hijacked airplanes and you can read each story individually or read each page to see roughly what was happening on each plane at the same time. Effectively, each page is a snapshot of time. Each double page spread has four strips across it.

This was a collosal undertaking by the creators and an incredible example of how graphic storytelling can be utilized to tell complex stories. Sid Jacobson and Ernie Colón should have received huge accolades for this work but it pretty much went unnoticed.

15727141_1.jpg