• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WRITE FOR CGC!

24 posts in this topic

This was in our e-newsletter and I thought we should post it here:

Would You Like to be a Guest Writer for the CGC

E-Newsletter

CGC seeks to publish informative, well written, forward thinking articles and ideas about comics and collecting.

We invite both dealers and collectors to submit articles about their specific collecting interests or general opinions on current topics in the hobby. Selected articles will be used in future editions of the CGC monthly E-Newsletter and/or the CGC Web Site.

Writer's Guidelines

Topics: Any subject pertaining to comics or collecting.

Format: Articles should not exceed 1,500 words in length. Please provide your contact information including your full name, address, e-mail address, and daytime phone number. Also provide a brief biography including your area of collecting interest and occupation.

Editing: CGC reserves the right to edit your submission for content, clarity, style, and format.

Please send your submission via e-mail to dcouillou@cgccomics.com.

Oh, and CI, no market crash reports will be accepted grin.gif

Is this a freebie assignment or is there any sort of compensation?

The 11th valid and interesting article wins ONE FREE STANDARD SUBMISSION!! Two random runners up will be selected from the remaining articles and they shall each receive TWO FREE CGC BOXES!

People who submit multiple articles will also not be considered a valid entry. grin.gifwink.gif

I would like to write lengthy articles about the on going crash of cgc prices, the grading conspiracies cgc has with the big guys and all the dirt on Heritage. I also know a guy up in SC that is willing to write articles about his frog business and extensive collection of cgcd ultimate Spideys - for free!

Allrighty then...I know of a website where there are some interesting articles that you can just copy for submittal (and really, they are interesting, well, mostly). Of course if they're accepted that means all the submittal talk would have to be turned into action, and you may just end up disproving the theory about different grading criteria for gold/silver/bronze/modern. I vote that the gauntlet's been laid!!!

What if you mildly dislike the article, but you go to use it..and find that it doesn't fit in the newsletter because those knobs at coinworld tossed in some advertisement about NGC. Do we still get a free submission?

Brian

How about an article about the future of comic book collecting? The future of CGC hinges on the future of comic books. This may be wishful thinking, but is it possible that comic book publishers would give an article in a CGC newsletter more thought and consideration over something on a messageboard? Have you read the recent "Future of Comic Collecting" thread? If you havn't you should, there are some very well thoughout posts in that thread.

BTW - I purchased my first CGC graded book recently and received in today. Kudos to CGC, the slab is much more impressive than I thought it would be. More specifically, the weight and feel is nice. The slab is attractive and appears to be quite durable.