• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mark Millars WANTED acquired by Universal

16 posts in this topic

Universal Wants Wanted

Universal Pictures has acquired the film rights to Mark Millar's Wanted comic-book series, according to Variety. Millar is best known for his work on such Marvel titles as Ultimate X-Men and Ultimate Fantastic Four and DC Comics' Superman: Red Son.

Wanted centers on Wesley Gibson, a nerdy average Joe with a chip on his shoulder, who learns that he's the son of the planet's most evil supervillain. When his father dies, Wesley inherits his father's powers and begins life anew as one of the supervillains who clandestinely rule Earth. Despite his associations with Marvel and DC, Millar wrote and independently published Wanted through his own imprint, Millarworld, with Top Cow as the title's distributor.

Marc Platt will produce Wanted for Universal, with Millar on board as an executive producer, Variety said. Platt is currently seeking a writer. Universal is owned by Vivendi Universal, which also owns SCIFI.COM.

Wow... maybe my CGC 9.8 of the Death Row Edition #1 might be worth something... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Oh man, I just had a 90's flashback. foreheadslap.gif

Did it involve you buying my comic? sumo.gif

Wow... maybe my CGC 9.8 of the Death Row Edition #1 might be worth something... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Oh man, I just had a 90's flashback. foreheadslap.gif

Did it involve you buying my comic? sumo.gif

27_laughing.gif

Since filming obviously hasn't started yet...

Will this movie ever get released, given the number of Marvel and DC flops

that will die at the box office between now and then and scare all the studios?

Since filming obviously hasn't started yet...

Will this movie ever get released, given the number of Marvel and DC flops

that will die at the box office between now and then and scare all the studios?

Hard to say... I think the second-tier comic book movies are really just ads for selling the DVDs... The studios know that these properties will move well in that market.

Lions Gate announced last week that they are greenlighting the second Punisher movie, the Iron Fist movie and the Black Widow movie. confused-smiley-013.gif

And as I have posted in multiple threads, having read the first two issues of the movie adaptation, I actually think the Punisher movie might be good. foreheadslap.gif

And as I have posted in multiple threads, having read the first two issues of the movie adaptation, I actually think the Punisher movie might be good.

893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

I'm sticking by my (and JC's) guns on this one. This movie will suck.

They can make anything look good in a trailer.

And as I have posted in multiple threads, having read the first two issues of the movie adaptation, I actually think the Punisher movie might be good.

To be fair, I have not seen a single trailer for the movie, by choice...

My evaluation is based solely on reading the first two issues of the comic adaptation, so it's based on the story, not the visuals... and the story presented in the first two issues looks like it might be good.

You're not renouncing membership in the drbanner group and becoming an official JC bum buddy are you?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif