• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Showcase 55

17 posts in this topic

Now, I have always loved this book. I don't know how desirable it is, in terms of DC collectors, but it is a major key...Terrific art by Murphy Anderson (Eric Roberts owns the cover art (worship) ) - I have been trying to get a high grade copy for some time, but the one that I've seen isn't quite right.....Today I get an email from Ebay per my want list and I see this !! - Too rich for my blood, but just an incredible copy...White pages and all !!

http://cgi.ebay.com/SHOWCASE-55-CGC-9-6-1965-1ST-GA-GREEN-LANTERN-/290475003521?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43a1a8ce81

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't this seller a board member ?....And why is he selling these incredible Showcases ?!

always loved that purple cover. one of the first HG DC's i ever bought, from the great Stavros Merjos. David must be a collector's society member since he's got his books in the registry. don't believe he posts here.

Yup, don't believe I've ever seen him post.

Couldn't do it. I just like the cover that much. Pulled it with the Splash page to Flash 124.

Tom

Hiya Tom !

I don't blame you for hanging onto that one....Beautiful book for sure ! ....I did the same with art, sold it all but one piece. - Just couldn't part with it.