• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If this is a friggin' bargain.....then just shoot me now ! ! !

13 posts in this topic

I just got an email from Heritage Comics. The subject of the email was:

Heritage After-Auction Bargains at Fixed Prices

Then, the body of the email stated this:

Until 8am on Wednesday 12/11/02, you can purchase unsold lots from the

Heritage Comics, Comic Art & Movie Posters Signature auction at fixed

prices (the reserve plus 15%).

How the hell is that a bargain??? If they didn't meet the reserve at auction, then aren't they probably priced a little high to begin with? Or am I missing something?

I guess after treating the whole town for a round at the local watering hole and "investing" in businesses that they have no experience in, they can blow a few millions fast! wink.gif

Yeah, but it is a FACT that most crackeads frequent your neck of the woods greggy; I've passed through Main and Hastings, and if anyone is entertaining the idea that they have seen hell on earth, then they need to be certain they haven't mistaken it with that dreadful area which is commonly referred to as the poorest postal code in North America. No lottery winners there guys, thats for @#$%$$ sure!

Yo, I guess you were passing by to go to Chinatown? Hell, I moved out of that area almost 10 years ago. It used to be relatively safer there but no longer! frown.gifmad.gif

Don't get me wrong; Vancouver is one of the most beautiful places, and I've often thought (when the time came) Gold River to be one of the places I would like to die. I was there in June of 2000 for two weeks, camping mostly on the island -- all across from Tofino to Mt Washington... they were the best two weeks of my life.

I ended-up at Main & Hastings because I got a traffic ticket when I first drove in from the airport. The town hall, the police station, and a great many gov buildings are located in the area. While waiting for the office to open, I was approached by a woman who was old enough to be my grandmother, asking if I wanted a good time tongue.gif dude, I didn't even have the nerve to look this woman in the face.. but when I saw this 70-something woman who walked away, and drop down on the sidewalk when she got to the other side, I thought is was old age that got the best of her. I got out of my truck, and when I raced across the street to see that she was alright, I noticed that she was working a broken coat-hanger in between the cracks of the sidewalk -- and all she kept saying was that she dropped her rock there.... over and over again... I looked around to see if anyone else was seeing this, and I saw two guys walking towards me -- fixin on the go... no stopping -- rigs, hypes, and all... like they were going somewhere in a hurry - and had no shame about what they were doing! I don't know about you, but at that time of the day (8:30 am), I'm usually thinking about what to eat for breakfast... its a whole different way of life I suppose, and it probably has a lot to do with poverty, but I sure hope for the sake of some of the woman and kids I saw that morning that things turn around for those people, and that area.

Vancouver is a progressive city. We will move 100 of the street ppl to 2 BC gov't subsidized (Portland) hotels near Main & Hastings as winter arrives. Need to clean up the city b4 the tourist season. Hope to get the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver to build more gov't subsidized housing.