• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage comics

220 posts in this topic

I'm not sure about Heritage but some auction houses will accept returns for dissatisfaction. I once got a book from Pedigree comics that had obvious SCS damage. Doug acknowledged the SCS and took the book back with no problem.

Is the back cover inside the slab? Heritage was given a slabbed 9.8 book to auction and thats what they did. Any fault here lies with CGC, not Heritage, and thats coming from one of the most anti-Heritage people on the boards. I'm hoping the ongoing Federal investigation shuts them down for good, but in this case, I'm not sure how you can blame them for the insides of a slabbed book.

I'm not assigning blame to anyone. I'm merely pointing out that the OP was talking about a tear on the (visible) back cover, not the insides.

If Heritage is accepting books, scanning them, and not even inspecting what they are throwing up there, then shame on them. If anyone knows that comics can sustain damage inside of a slab it's Borock.

I know we are all still waiting on that back cover scan to see exactly what is at issue here.

Agreed. This thread is useless without picts ;)

at this point, i don't believe there is a tear. when shown one, i will revise my opinion accordingly, but at this point, this thread just appears to be a "tear Heritage down with unsubstantiated claims of negligence and poor business practises" to me .02

and yes, i like the phrase "at this point." effing sue me

Not at this point.

But at some point....

And perhaps "at the end of the day."

Not at this point.

But at some point....

Full stop.

Not at this point.

But at some point....

But at that point, we may have changed the opinions we have at this point?

By that point we will have most likely reached the tipping point...

...and still no scan.

at this point, i don't believe there is a tear. when shown one, i will revise my opinion accordingly, but at this point, this thread just appears to be a "tear Heritage down with unsubstantiated claims of negligence and poor business practises" to me .02

I guess that makes you a Heritage whore. :baiting:

More like a John, actually, as I don't remember ever receiving any money

[ I'm hoping the ongoing Federal investigation shuts them down for good,

I am aware of a lawsuit in Federal Court (by a disgruntled ex-employee) but I am unaware of any "Federal Investigation". Those are two very different things. Can you elaborate or provide a link?

There was a full page article in the Sunday NY Daily News on August 5th detailing how the FBI and the Justice Department were looking into several collectible auction houses and had been at the National Baseball Show interviewing dealers. It speculated that the focus would be on the now defunct Mastro-Net but said several other auction houses , including Heritage were under the microscope.

I'm having trouble bringing up the article but if you google- Federal investigation into sports collectibles, -it's the first article at the top of the page.

whore.jpg

Not at this point.

But at some point....

At the end of the day

You'll be lying in a suit of Grey

At the end of the day

You'll be fine

At the end of the day

It's what you do not what you say

At the end of the day

You'll be fine

At the end of the day

It doesn't matter anyway

At the end of the day

You'll be fine

You'll be fine

I am aware of a lawsuit in Federal Court (by a disgruntled ex-employee) but I am unaware of any "Federal Investigation". Those are two very different things. Can you elaborate or provide a link?

There was a full page article in theSunday NY Daily News perhaps three weeks or a month ago detailing how the FBI and the Justice Department were looking into several collectible auction houses and had been at the National Baseball Show interviewing dealers. It speculated that the focus would be on the now defunct Mastro-Net but said several other auction houses , including Heritage were under the microscope.

I read that article, I mentions almost every major auction house in the country as having been asked questions by the FBI. I didn't take that as them being the subject but I guess if they are that will become clear at some point.

There was a full page article in theSunday NY Daily News perhaps three weeks or a month ago detailing how the FBI and the Justice Department were looking into several collectible auction houses and had been at the National Baseball Show interviewing dealers. It speculated that the focus would be on the now defunct Mastro-Net but said several other auction houses , including Heritage were under the microscope.

I read that article, I mentions almost every major auction house in the country as having been asked questions by the FBI. I didn't take that as them being the subject but I guess if they are that will become clear at some point.

But not at this point.