• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sketch Cover Advice - Please read

10 posts in this topic

At the Cincinnati Comic Expo on September 18, 2010 a benefit auction will take place to support two causes. Those causes are to establish the Everyday Hero Award and to provide needed financial support to Josh Medors. Josh is suffering through a rare form of cancer.

My question is this...

Murphy Anderson and Russ Heath will each have a sketch cover in this auction. I am thinking of coordinating the live auction with a board participation element for just these 2 pieces. I don't want this to get complicated and I need to make sure the person that wins pays. So what suggestions do my fellow board members have in administering such an event?

I'm on the fence because I don't need a fiasco to happen on my part. The idea is to have a laptop set up on the auction table. Then start the auction thread here on the boards at the same time as the live auction. So let me hear your thoughts.

Murphy will be given his blank sketch cover to draw on Thursday. What would you like him to draw? This will also be the only Murphy Anderson sketch cover in existence. I believe the Russ Heath sketch cover is of Sgt Rock. Only 15 Russ Heath sketch covers exist. So this is a pretty rare opportunity.

maybe you can qualify all the bidders first? this will give you a gauge if there are enough boarders who are interested and you can also weed out those who are not qualified to bid?

if there's such a list, can i bid? :popcorn:

I would say get the sketches done first then make an ebay auction where the end time ends when you want.

Then at the auction you simply have an account that makes the live bids.

Best of luck!

+ 1 (thumbs u