• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Safe Deposit Box?

46 posts in this topic

SDB are awesome but, do a test first to check their temp and humidity control...

I would place one book in there (that isn't worth much) and check back in a few months

to see if there is any signs of rust on the staples.

I still check my boxes about once a month to make sure there are no changes.

I have two SDBs.

(thumbs u

:o That didn't cross my mind at all. These boards do come in handy. Thanks!

Also important to note is ask if the boxes/SDB room themselves have any type of fire retardent type inso or the like as alot of those treatments can destroy staples very quickly. I saw a post on here years ago where a boardie stored his Hulk #??? CGC 9.8 in a fire retardent safe and the staples basically disintegrated over a short period of time...yikes!

I've been looking at the Mesa Gun Safes. I'm redoing my comic/gun room before I purchase it.

21775633i_01.jpg

Features

* 1 Hour Fire Rating tested in temperatures up to 1750

* Electronic Lock

* Interior Fully Upholstered

* Pry Resistant Recessed Door

* Massive 1" diameter solid steel live locking bolts

* Four pre-drilled anchor holes

* Decorative Tri-Spoke handle

* Cubic Feet - 14

* Fire Rating - 1 hour

* Security Level - Ultimate

* Weight - 640 lbs

* Dimensions - 59"H x 32"W x 21"D

* Color - Textured Black

* Interior Dimensions - H:52 1/2" W:25 1/4" D:18 1/4"

* Shelves - 3

* Handle - Tri-Spoke

* Interior - Plush Velor

I'm in this room all the time so I'm not to worried about putting books in it as It will most likely be open when I'm in the room.

Just think of how many comics and/or guns you could buy for the price of that thing hm

That is always my downfall....,

Just think of how many comics and/or guns you could buy for the price of that thing hm

That is always my downfall....,

Think how many you would prevent losing if you fell victim to a break in :baiting:

Speaking of Gun Safes I was originally looking at the Mesa but since I wasn't a Sam Club member I opted not to get it. Of course the delivery fees and taxes would also suck :shrug:

If anyone is looking for a decent gun safe and you don't want to spend alot take a look at the Liberty Centurion CN30 Gun Safe being offered by Lowes. It's being sold for $897 with a $65 delivery fee. The $65 delivery fee is a bargain compared to competitors "white glove" delivery fees. Most retailers will just drop it off on your doorstep for about $2-300.

I just ordered mine and I should have it in 3 weeks since it's a special order items. The local Lowes I went to did not have it on display.

As a bonus since the Lowes closest to me is in CT I paid no taxes on it as CT does not charge tax on gun safes :headbang:

Liberty safes (the manufacturer) is charging $1199 for the same safe :screwy:

Here is the link to the safe on the lowes website Liberty Centurion Vault

yhst-14628535264555_2137_1044182.jpg

Seems like a good deal to me. :)

Gun safes always seem reasonably priced for the size. I don't know if the two above are super premium models or anything, but it seems like a gun safe that is bigger than me only costs about double what one of those safes at Office Depot that could not fit a 5 gallon paint bucket cost.

Yeah, $1199 for that big thing compared to $400-$500 for one a fraction of the size at Staples.