• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warning..Iron Man...Color touched..

41 posts in this topic

For the most part I feel the same way Joanna. I have a ton (10000+) of raw books that I take to sell at shows, but very rarely will I sell them on e-bay, regardless of condition.

With the constant dumping and improper listing that goes on with raw books it hardly seems worth the effort to get the small fraction of guide value that raw books go for.

However, positive feedback goes a LONG way, and if your feedback is strong, proving yourself to be an honest and thoughtful seller then you may see bidders preferring to buy from you then from lunkheads like this dude.

Another method would be take your "regulars" and send them lists of your latest product before you list it on e-bay. Let them know what you have to sell and they may take you up on the books at your price.

Kev

This is the email that I had sent earlier:

Is this the same book that I had returned to you becuase it was color touched? If so shouldn't you mention the color touch in your item description.

Here was his response:

Yeah it is the same one. Some people asked and I told them, they wanted to know if it was restored because it's too white. but the pic is from wizard world dot com as a reference.

I feel sorry for the person that has high expectations (like I did) for this book... frown.gif

He responded back to me stating it was a reference picture, but did not answer my question about being original or restored. I think his lack of information is fraudulant.

As far as buying raw on ebay, I can only really relate to coins. Most people never pay more than the price for almost uncirculated coins even when they are listed as mint state. I stay away from raw coins and go only with the graded.

I am sure the sentiment is the same with comics.

I just had an amusing IM with him. He stated that the book wasn't color touched, but he didn't want a negative feedback so he took the book back from you. Since he doesn't think it was, he relisted it the same as the first time. He thought you bought it, color touched it yourself, and then sent it back to him after you tried to sell it and couldn't. lol

He then admitted that it "might" have a teeny bit of color touch, but nothing major. He agreed to let me renig(sp?) on the deal, and we'd part as friends. I honestly don't think he was trying to scam anyone, but he should have mentioned the possible color touch in the auction. I have a feeling it'll be listed again - lol.

lol. I don't know what grade it is. I think it's a scan I swiped from a CGC 9.4.

And yea, I did win that lot of comics with the DC 100 Page Spectacular #6. It arrived today and it was in about FN condition, so I did OK for $35. smile.gif

To be honest, I have NO idea what else was in the package. Let me go look...Hmm... A copy of Newmen #2 with the cover detached, The Force of Buddha Palm #5 & 6, etc etc. LMAO - what a bunch of !

However, there is a copy of Marvel Comic Presents with a very cool cover of the Werewolf and Ghost Rider by Sam Keith, and a copy of Daredevil:The Man Without Fear #5. Is this a reprint of the Frank Miller storyline, or a new story? PLMK.

I just had an amusing IM with him. He stated that the book wasn't color touched, but he didn't want a negative feedback so he took the book back from you. Since he doesn't think it was, he relisted it the same as the first time. He thought you bought it, color touched it yourself, and then sent it back to him after you tried to sell it and couldn't. lol

He then admitted that it "might" have a teeny bit of color touch, but nothing major. He agreed to let me renig(sp?) on the deal, and we'd part as friends. I honestly don't think he was trying to scam anyone, but he should have mentioned the possible color touch in the auction. I have a feeling it'll be listed again - lol.

Just to be clear on a few points:

1) I never threatened negetive feedback. I was actually pleased that he gave me no problem with returning the book for a refund.

2) I would never restore a book in order to decieve someone just to sell said book.

3)The color touch is of course major if I can notice it with no difficulty whatsoever.

4) He is trying to scam someone since, in his private auction, he makes no mention of the fault with the book or of the fact that the scan is not of actual book.

I started this thread simply as a public service to warn fellow posters and potential bidders of the actual problems with the book.

I know that. He said he was about to put a note in the description that the scan wasn't of the actual book. Trust me that I defended you in my IM (without acknowledging that I knew you). If he lists it again and doesn't mention the color touch, I'll bid again.