• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hold off on hoarding Man Thing

13 posts in this topic

During MVL's year end conference call on Tuesday, I believe they reported that they simply moved the release date to October to coincide with Halloween (since it's a horror flick). Reference to Avi's comments during conference call

There was an online story about a month ago about someone who saw an early cut of the Man Thing movie and said that it was SURPRISINGLY GOOD. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

The future may have dimmed a little bit....

Sick Leave ?

But you may want to consider...... Logan's Run ??

Perhaps, but one of the quotes from the article was something along the lines of "This does not at all feel like a movie that cost only $10 million to make. It felt like a big budget horror movie." The viewer was truly shocked at how good the cut was that he saw.

which of course leaves an awful lot of room for it to be.....better. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Here's the thing I was referring to re the person who saw the Man Thing rough cut.

--------------------------------------------

2/25/04

Got an email from someone who claims to have seen a rough cut of the film. Here's what he said...

"Saw a rough cut of Man Thing the other week, and although it was not finished, it is pretty dam impressive. It looks like a 100 million dollar movie. Brett Leonard has created a fun, fast paced scary movie, full of suspense and stunning visuals. The "Man Thing" creature and special make-up effects, created by Make-up Effects Group, look awesome. As does the cinematography and visual effects. The cast give strong performances, and the movie will deliver... Beware Swamp Thing..."

http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/movies/manthing.php

Perhaps, but one of the quotes from the article was something along the lines of "This does not at all feel like a movie that cost only $10 million to make. It felt like a big budget horror movie." The viewer was truly shocked at how good the cut was that he saw.

which of course leaves an awful lot of room for it to be.....better. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Was looking for a nice NM copy of Fear #10 long before all this movie talk.

I may pass now as it's probably going to cost too much due to all the speculators that might be coming out of the woodwork to buy one.

Yeah...I'd wait until the movie blows over....

Jim

I got a nice NM copy of Fear #10 at my LCS recently for guide ($35). I think the LCS is the way to go, as most LCS owners aren't on the Man Thing bandwagon and you don't have to compete with online speculators who drive up the bid on every high grade Fear 10 that comes along.

Was looking for a nice NM copy of Fear #10 long before all this movie talk.

I may pass now as it's probably going to cost too much due to all the speculators that might be coming out of the woodwork to buy one.