• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Arizona Comic Con January 8th & 9th, 2011 Mesa Arizona

117 posts in this topic

I put this up on twitter earlier today:

MORE GUESTS ADDED! Writer JT Krul comes to the AMAZING ARIZONA COMIC CON Jan8/9 http://j.mp/eY9RMo

Tickets on sale now! http://j.mp/91FADe

But i will be announcing more WALKING DEAD guests as well...

we already have ROBERT KIRKMAN confirmed, along with actors Jon Bernthal (SHANE) and STeven Yeun (Glenn)...

and we're giving away WALKING DEAD #80 Exclusive Photo Variant FREE to the first 1000

Nope, this is a new show but in the same location and time of year as the Phoenix Comic Con used to be. This show is being run by a pair of veteran comic dealers who are well connected in the industry and should bring a comics-focused theme to this show. The Phoenix Comic Con is balanced with comics and anime fans, while I think this show will be more comics and some gaming fans .

Yep. I've known them, done business with them, etc. since the mid 90's. I didn't go to the Phoenix con last May as well because of the weather, and another obligation in Pasadena. But I think a show in January in Mesa will do great, especially with the guest list and the exhibitors that Bill & Jimmy have gotten on board... like me! :)

Joel

TODD MCFARLANE AND STAN LEE

DWC will be accepting submissions at the show to be signed by Todd McFarlane at our private signing in Mid February. We will also be accepting submissions to be signed by Stan Lee at our signing with him on January 22nd. So you can submit a book like an Amazing Spider-man 300 to be double signed by BOTH Todd and Stan and have it CGC Signature Series graded. So even if those two legends can't make it to the show you can still get books signed by them. Check out our website at www.desertwindcomics.com for more details of the signings.

Odds of Todd at the show... hmmm

that would indeed be cool...

Onto other news-

*CGC will be at the event in official capacity, taking submissions.

*Desert Wind will be there too, to fill in the gaps for out of towners wanting to get their books signed and slabbed

*Our Exhibitor list will be official announced this week. Board members Joel Elad, Ed Robertson, Terrys Comics, Harley Yee and a slew of other dealers will be representing. Lots of Modern, Silver & Bronze, New Comics, Graphic Novels will be in the room. Like others have said in the thread, there will be comics at a comic show- imagine that?!

*Guest List is rapidly expanding. We announced Melissa Cowan joining the other cast Members of the WALKING DEAD tv show. She joins Jon Bernthal (SHANE), Steven Yeun (GLENN), and the creator ROBERT KIRKMAN.

Did you know that WALKING DEAD guests are NOT charging for autographs?

The AMAZING ARIZONA COMIC CON is taking care of these fees. This is the #1 NEW TV SHOW, Nominated for GOLDEN GLOBES, and the top of their game.

*FREE VARIANT Walking Dead #80 Photo Exclcusive. this is the bloodiest, most gruesome cover, and will sure to be the hottest collectible. Limited to 1st 1000 pre-sales online, at the Phoenix Area stores, and in the MVP Packages.

*Great creator line-up with Rob Liefeld, Jeph Loeb, Joe Benitez, Victor Gischler, ANdy Kuhn, John Layman, Ryan Ottley, Cory Walker, and more.

*packed Artist Alley with 50 ADDITIONAL Comic Creators.

*Ton of Show Exclusives- from Zenescope's Grimm Fairy Tales Legends #1 to ebas Limited 500 to Lady Mechanika, and more

More Information-

www.AmazingArizonaComicCon.com