• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cincinnati Comic Expo 9/18/10 - report

51 posts in this topic

Someone told me that as a promoter you never get to see your own show. After this past weekend I think that is fair statement.

If you take a look at our Facebook page the overall theme is that the show rocked and Cincinnati finally has a comic event to call its own.

We hoped for 800 - 1,000 attendees. It was quickly apparent at 9:45 that our number might have been a low estimate. This photo is showing the 100 or so people lined up outside. Our final attendance numbers are in the 1,800 to 1,900 range.

s1_P9170001.JPG

The good thing is that we had a Trivia contest set-up outside to entertain the crowd. The contestants one prizes and gift cards. The Wild Women of D17 selected the contestants for each Trivia round.

s1_P9170003.JPG

More tomorrow.

I heard this girl was unreal in the costume contest. Just over the top playing her character! We had Nsixty there recoding short videos for fans and she completed one. Here it is.

YouTube video by NSixty of Harley Quinn

www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTh-WvX_QXo&feature=youtu.be&a

Wow!

We were mentioned in every major TV, Radio and Newspaper in Cincinnati. All the shops had posters and postcards.

We were even on Convention Scene, Comicbook Resources, Scoop and Comic Related. Not to mention a nice long thread on this board.

I’m sorry you missed the show. We'll try harder next year so you you can attend.

Wow!

We were mentioned in every major TV, Radio and Newspaper in Cincinnati. All the shops had posters and postcards.

We were even on Convention Scene, Comicbook Resources, Scoop and Comic Related. Not to mention a nice long thread on this board.

I’m sorry you missed the show. We'll try harder next year so you you can attend.

Sounds like you guys did a good job of putting yourselves out there.

TBH, I don't read the local papers or watch local tv, outside of catching snippets of Reds games. I also only buy GA so I don't get out to any local shops (b/c they don't have any GA), not that there are a ton of them anyway. I don't go to any of those websites you mentioned either.

My best bet would've been the events forum here on the boards but I only check it like once a year b/c I always assumed there was never anything going on locally to me.

What radio stations did you guys advertise on? I listen to 700 occasionally. So unless you were on NPR or ESPN radio I missed that too. lol

Oh well, maybe next time.