• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cincinnati Comic Expo 9/18/10 - report

51 posts in this topic

Wow!

We were mentioned in every major TV, Radio and Newspaper in Cincinnati. All the shops had posters and postcards.

We were even on Convention Scene, Comicbook Resources, Scoop and Comic Related. Not to mention a nice long thread on this board.

I’m sorry you missed the show. We'll try harder next year so you you can attend.

Honestly, I didn't know anything about it either. I probably would have set up.

I live 45 minutes from Cincy and would have diffinitely been there if I knew about it. A shame. I might have even set up there. I will next year if it happens again about this time of year.

:screwy: This is me, tying a string around my ear to remember.

before it gets too far behind us. I wanted to give my experience of the Cincinnati Expo.

as I stated in the events thread I went into this con not expecting much at all, visions of last years Mid-Ohio con were in my head.

so I figured I would bring two boxes of .50 cent $1.00 box stuff and the rest of the DC SA collection that I picked up recently.

I sold a fair amount of stuff and was very surprised by how well I did, but I think that it is mostly due to the very reasonable prices I had on the SA DC books. I walked around the con to look at dealers stock and they had some of the same books I had only at much higher prices, slave to the guide I suppose. I priced everything I had at what I felt like it would sell for, sorta like how I did here in the FS forum. one guy (around age 45 or so) bought around 5-8 Actions/Supes/tecs which I gave him a package price on. he then came back about 1 hour later saying that he wanted to buy more from me because he had seen the higher prices in the room and mine were much more reasonable.

one kid (around 20 or so) bought ALL of my remaining SA Flash books, which I gave him a package deal on as well.

alot of teenagers loved the SA DC books I had laying out on the table, and commented on how cool and old they were. lol man, I laughed and told my buddy that I don't consider it old unless it's before 1940 but to these teenagers 1955-61 IS old.

One young girl (yes I said girl) had a total geek out when I showed her the first Justice League comic (B&B 28).

everyone I talked to seemed very happy and excited about the con and were happy to have a decent con in the area that they didn't have to travel to far to get to. and everyone also commented on how this con was already better than Mid-Ohio.

all and all a great con experience. can't wait til next year. (thumbs u

I thought a Russ Heath sketch cover was was neat item, nothing to get too excited about as it would probably be nothing more than the rambling sketchings of an elderly comic creator.

Boy was I wrong.

Received this in the mail today.

Many Kudos to Buck Biggins. (worship)

heath.jpg

I thought a Russ Heath sketch cover was was neat item, nothing to get too excited about as it would probably be nothing more than the rambling sketchings of an elderly comic creator.

Boy was I wrong.

heath.jpg

Wow! I love Russ Heath's work. This drawing totally reeks of classic Atlas precode horror! Congrats!

Boy was I wrong.

heath.jpg

Wow! I love Russ Heath's work. This drawing totally reeks of classic Atlas precode horror! Congrats!

If you ever decide to sell.... hm