• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another thread dedicated to Ebay sellers and their lack of social skills

28 posts in this topic

I understand he listed it as 1 day pay and you kind of agree to it when you purchase.

But,I thought as a seller you couldn't file a dispute until 7 days after auctions end.Plus sellers cant leave neg. feedback for buyers.

Actually, sellers can't file a dispute until 4 days after auction end.

And it doesn't matter what conflicting terms sellers put in their auction, its eBay's field and we all play by their rules.

indeed. There's no such thing as "no returns" on eBay, and there's no such thing as "pay in 1 day!" either. They can ask....and they can always refuse to ship an item...but that won't prevent negative FB, which has serious consequences for a seller now.

:cloud9:

From the Seller's eBay listings: (shrug)

Seller's payment instructions

Please pay within 1 day of sale end!!!! There will be no refunds. If payment not recieved within 1 day, item will be relisted and negative feedback will be recieved. Thanks and good luck bidding....

(Mistakes in spelling are not mine...)

I guess you're right, but that was not apparent when I looked at the listing. I bid on it using my Droid, and that was a day or two before the auction ended. Then I didn't look at it again until I got the email that I won.

Sure, the seller spelled it out. But having it listed doesn't excuse bad behavior. It came across caustically and there is a way to remind someone. This isn't it.

While I think the seller's policy is hasty and ill-conceived, I don't see the note to you as caustic or bad behavior. It was very matter of fact and let you know precisely what was going to happen.

This illustrates my point. What one person reads one way, another reads differently.

Email (or text) tone can be subjective and it's always difficult to know how a person intends to come across 100% of the time.

That being said, I took into account the short time span and the relatively small amount of money.

BTW, everyone has been saying "He".....It's actually a "She"..... :whistle:

Please pay within 1 day of sale end!!!! There will be no refunds. If payment not recieved within 1 day, item will be relisted and negative feedback will be recieved. Thanks and good luck bidding....

That's insane. I would never want to do business with anyone who's so uptight.

I guess you're right, but that was not apparent when I looked at the listing. I bid on it using my Droid, and that was a day or two before the auction ended. Then I didn't look at it again until I got the email that I won.

Sure, the seller spelled it out. But having it listed doesn't excuse bad behavior. It came across caustically and there is a way to remind someone. This isn't it.

While I think the seller's policy is hasty and ill-conceived, I don't see the note to you as caustic or bad behavior. It was very matter of fact and let you know precisely what was going to happen.

This illustrates my point. What one person reads one way, another reads differently.

Email (or text) tone can be subjective and it's always difficult to know how a person intends to come across 100% of the time.

That being said, I took into account the short time span and the relatively small amount of money.

Well "she" is a person_without_enough_empathy.

I'm just saying.

Shoulda guessed that with the ebay name gottagab... :insane:lol

So, you're upset that you got a caustic email from a seller despite the fact that it was clearly laid out in the description?

Yes, it was a little overboard and the payment terms ridiculous. But, it's still in the auction listing.

You're the one at fault. You're the one that didn't follow the (ridiculous) terms. By purchasing the item, you agreed to the sellers terms.

You didn't read the whole thing? How is that the sellers fault? And, you said you received the invoice. Why didn't you pay right then?

And people wonder why eBay sux. :screwy: