• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYC - Here I come

27 posts in this topic

The wife and I have just arranged to spend Christmas in New York. Better news is that I've been given free reign for one day of comic related goodness whilst she entertains herself with shoes and handbags.

Rather than undertaking a strenuous and laborious task of asking Google, I thought I'd be really lazy and ask the professionals,

Having never been to NYC before, which stores or other comic related distractions are an absolute must during my visit?

The wife and I have just arranged to spend Christmas in New York. Better news is that I've been given free reign for one day of comic related goodness whilst she entertains herself with shoes and handbags.

Rather than undertaking a strenuous and laborious task of asking Google, I thought I'd be really lazy and ask the professionals,

Having never been to NYC before, which stores or other comic related distractions are an absolute must during my visit?

THE REDCOATS ARE COMING!

THE REDCOATS ARE COMING!

:ohnoez:

Have a great trip. (thumbs u

Ahh you quirky Americans and your incomprehensible in-jokes...

Thanks for the heads up re Metropolis and Rogers Time Machine.

Google seems to only like the big stores such as Midtown Comics and Forbidden Planet. If your FP is anything like it is over here, I'll not be wasting my precious free day of geek heaven.

I wasn't refering to Chromium as a quirky American.

He is quite clearly situated within the heavenly birthplace of Stella Artois

Oh. Well I'm Canadian, with a Heineken twist.

:insane:

Oh, forget the comics. There is nothing I like better than going shoe shopping with my wife...She can spend (what seems like) 2 hours trying on a dozen pairs and walk out of the store having bought NOTHING.

Yes, it really brings us together.

THE REDCOATS ARE COMING!

THE REDCOATS ARE COMING!

:ohnoez:

Have a great trip. (thumbs u

Don't even THINK about bringing your bayonette....

watching.gif

Joe Koch's Warehouse is over in Brooklyn - but a short subway ride from Manhattan.

I know, the grading is iffy blah blah blah but it is a great place to rat through thousands of funny books.

He welcomes visits, but they have to be by appointment. It's very easy to lose track of time because it is not a retail store which means it's you and the staff and the staff leave you alone unless you need a hand.

And Joe is a very nice guy.