• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dishonest Seller

486 posts in this topic

It is to me and frankly a majority of the buyers I was trying to sell these types of books to. I've had these types of books. Frankly I won't buy them anymore because they are restored books in blue labels. This type of label contradicts itself and frankly CGC shouldn't be making a dealers job harder when it comes to selling a book.

Frankly this type of label is the same reason why Jay Parrino complained about label comments.

Bob is the Best!

For those that don't know, any book with color touch or restoration will only receive a purple label if the color touch or restoration actually improves the grade of the book.

If the color touch or restoration does not improve the grade of the book, the book goes into a blue label with a notation on the label of the color touch and glue.

Are you talking only GA there, Roy? (shrug)

Sorry, yes. GA only.

:foryou:

Are you sure? I've seen lots of low grade GA books with color touch that didn't seem to improve anything. And I think we've all seen PLODs in "apparent poor" .5 condition.

becomes an issue of "quantity" of color touch or glue...if there is an obvious amount, regardless of whether it visually improves or not, then it is "restored"...if the quantity is so minor as to not affect the grade, an in theory be removable and not affect grade, this just clarifies that (from what I understand)

in other words, if someone scraped that teeny bit of glue and color touch off, it would still be a 6.5...so, cgc notes it...

If it was up to Bluechip, they'd all be in Blue labels and there would be no such thing as Restoration :insane:

I think differing label colors are not necessary and not as good as words saying the same thing in words. If you disagree that's fine but I won't call you crazy because of it.

Back when books were advertised as restored without different label colors people had much less of an issue with them and they sold pretty easily. Some people don;t like them and that's their choice, but among those who don't like it are some who just can't stand the fact that other people are okay with it. The label colors are good for those people, but they lead to the sort of confusion and arguments and recriminations of the sort you see in this thread here. The same would undoutbedly be true if, in the future, some person who hates hates hates pressed books today becomes the authority of a slabbing service and assigns them a color or some other "bad" designation. People who accept pressed books today will avoid them, not because they also hate the pressing, but because of the label.

:screwy:

It is to me and frankly a majority of the buyers I was trying to sell these types of books to. I've had these types of books. Frankly I won't buy them anymore because they are restored books in blue labels. This type of label contradicts itself and frankly CGC shouldn't be making a dealers job harder when it comes to selling a book.

Frankly this type of label is the same reason why Jay Parrino complained about label comments.

Bob is the Best!

I see in your sig line that you are interested in an unrestored Captain America Comics #1. I don't know if you knew, but Filter has one he will entertain offers for.

I disagree - Restored books have always been harder to sell.

Blue label restored books are the same useless creation as the green label qualified holder. Bookends that should be used to protect the real blue label books.

^^

winnah.png

As a side note, are there any board lawyers that would be interested in doing a little pro-bono work? (Particularly someone in the cleveland area) IMO Harold (Alleybat, Bucone, Royig, WaltT, JH1, I forget the rest) has been allowed to rip too many people off and continue like this for too long and its time for something to be done.

Bob is the Best!

If you won't buy or sell something you consider restored whether or not it's in a blue label, then it's your personal preference and more power to you,

But regarding label comments, I don't get Parrino's complaint at all because most of the world finds that when it comes to communicating detailed information, words are more efficient than colors.

In fact, with a five figure book, I'd be quite happy if it came with a whole lot of words, telling me exactly what's the deal with the book, especially the things I cannot see because I can't open the case. In the case of a restored book, I would love to have high-res pictures of the book before it was worked on.

Guess who sent me a PM trying to start with me? Perhaps the OP...

I'll answer his questions here...

Yes I have a problem with you because you are a spineless shill and you messed with the wrong forum member. Filter81 is a reputable guy and the forum apparently knows exactly who you are...shill!

Go away! :)

As a side note, are there any board lawyers that would be interested in doing a little pro-bono work? (Particularly someone in the cleveland area) IMO Harold (Alleybat, Bucone, Royig, WaltT, JH1, I forget the rest) has been allowed to rip too many people off and continue like this for too long and its time for something to be done.

Careful, he may counter sue all of us and CGC.

What a doosh

Harold, why do you keep digging a hole for yourself?

I for one put my name on the line trying to help you out on here a while back and you made me regret it.

How do you know it's a dot?

And most were purchased "as-is", post certification. I can generally spot resto on my own with raw books. That's the side benefit of being burned enough in this hobby for 20+ years.

my oh my, 20 + years of getting burned from all these honest sellers.

Edited , cause I like posting on this place. :rulez:

Yes I have a problem with you because you are a spineless shill and you messed with the wrong forum member. Filter81 is a reputable guy and the forum apparently knows exactly who you are...shill!

You're the shill and Filter 81 is a dishonest seller.

No he's not, and you're a tool.

You know what I find so funny Harold? Which one of us sold a board member a Batman 1, shipped the board member a box containing a ripped up Magazine, and then tried to resell the Batman 1 at a convention before getting caught?

And what did I do again? Oh thats right, I sent a scan of a CGC graded book to a known shill. (And apparently according to you used an impolite tone. Oh the horror!)

I know even you aren't stupid enough to believe the garbage you type. You seem to think this is a game. One that you can play while hiding behind the anonymity provided to you by the internet like a weasel. Except you don't yet realize you aren't anonymous anymore.

Anyway, keep posting this garbage. And I'll keep quoting it so you can't erase it later.

No he's not, and you're a tool.

I know you are but what am I? :P

Prove it d-bag

I'm more than happy to prove who I am...are you?