• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dishonest Seller

486 posts in this topic

My spirit breaks, my soul weeps.

My presence needs comfort, my presence wins.

Never leave, never die.

Living, leave me believing a lie.

I don't know if you would but

If I were you I would.

Look at me cry.

:cry:

My spirit spine breaks splits, my soul weeps.

My presence comic needs comfort, my presence maximum bid wins.

Never leave store without a mylar, never die expose to sunlight.

Living, leave me believing a lie the book is unrestored.

I don't know if you would but

If I were you I would ......never buy from robojo33

Look at me cry.

Fixed that! :insane:

So help me get caught up...Who is Royjr or whatever his name is? Has he ever come out and revealed himself?

I need margin notes.

My name is Roy I Goldstein and the I is for Ingenious.

Hi Harold,

You don't know who I am, but I know who you are and I want you to know I feel sorry for you and I'd like to thank you!

I feel sorry that you have no life other than to sit at home in front of a computer harassing people you don't know and being a complete and udder d-bag!

I'd to thank you for admiring us as much as you do! I mean I've never had this kind of obsession over someone that I DON'T know, so please tell me, what does it feel like for us to constantly be on your mind in EVERYTHING you do? :foryou:

Please stop STALKING us now!

So help me get caught up...Who is Royjr or whatever his name is? Has he ever come out and revealed himself?

I need margin notes.

My name is Roy I Goldstein and the I is for Ingenious.

Hi Harold,

You don't know who I am, but I know who you are and I want you to know I feel sorry for you and I'd like to thank you!

I feel sorry that you have no life other than to sit at home in front of a computer harassing people you don't know and being a complete and udder d-bag!

I'd to thank you for admiring us as much as you do! I mean I've never had this kind of obsession over someone that I DON'T know, so please tell me, what does it feel like for us to constantly be on your mind in EVERYTHING you do? :foryou:

Please stop STALKING us now!

Oh snap! lol

Because some books really are not for sale, unless someone insists on paying strong money for that particular book.

I realize some books may not be listed for sale. But if you ever entertain or solicit an offer then the book is for sale.

Therefore the I nominate the above poster for today's Oxymoron Prize! ^^

Congratulations Roy :golfclap:

(BTW, Adam bought that Cap from Worldwide Comics at San Diego. He got a pretty sweet deal on the book. He had it for sale at his and Gator's booth at a sizable mark up (which is absolutely fine with me - the darn book is beautiful). Adam has entertained offers on it on a few occasions since then. I do have a problem with the claim that the book isn't really for sale. It is absolutely for sale. Adam just wants a big price for it. More power to him, but an honest dealer should call a spade a spade IMHO.)

Because some books really are not for sale, unless someone insists on paying strong money for that particular book.

I realize some books may not be listed for sale. But if you ever entertain or solicit an offer then the book is for sale.

(BTW, Adam bought that Cap from Worldwide Comics at San Diego. He got a pretty sweet deal on the book. He had it for sale at his and Gator's booth at a sizable mark up (which is absolutely fine with me - the darn book is beautiful). Adam has entertained offers on it on a few occasions since then. I do have a problem with the claim that the book isn't really for sale. It is absolutely for sale. Adam just wants a big price for it. More power to him, but an honest dealer should call a spade a spade IMHO.)

Thanks, tall dingus.

tall dingus.

:acclaim:

I don't think he bought the book from WW (I could be wrong) or why it's even relevant to the discussion.

Anyhoo, my "not for sale" sentence was qualified by the word "unless".

Is it still an oxymoron when there is a qualifier?

Does this mean that you get the award for most condescending post of the day?

Checkmate!

Richard,

I didn't buy the book from Worldwide comics you are mistaken. The book was on the wall in San Diego because the book was purchased in SD so why not stick it on the wall? I'll listen to all offers at any time for any book I own because you never know what sort of offer is going to come along and I like to have an open mind. And I've received plenty of offers on the Cap 1. So far all of them have been turned down but I will continue to listen. And aside from having it in San Diego I personally have never offered it for sale anywhere. (Except here on the boards to a known shill, knowing full well he wasn't buying)

But since this apparently needs clarification (I didn't think it did) For the right price, any book I own or will ever own, would potentially be available for sale. Especially because I own several of them with a partner. Offer me a million dollars and there's no book I wouldn't sell. Again, to be clear, this is a book I am happy to own for the next 10 years in my personal collection. But if I feel I'm getting the right price, I will sell. It is not being actively shopped.

Just for my own clarification, would an "honest" dealer tell some people a Detective 31 CGC 7.0 is not for sale only to offer it to others privately? (I wouldn't feel honest unless I asked in a public forum first and gathered facts later)

Anyway thanks for choosing THIS situation to be such an "honest" seller, and for taking the time to get all your facts straight first! (thumbs u

tall dingus.

I don't think he bought the book from WW (I could be wrong) or why it's even relevant to the discussion.

It can't be one way or the other. Is there any difference between telling someone that a book isn't for sale but you can make an offer and putting a book up for sale with no sale price and an undisclosed reserve? If the undisclosed reserve is prohibitively high then that book is not for sale? So just because Adam has offered this book around and has told folks that he wants $40,000 for it is not for sale? And here he solicits a guy for an offer but the book isn't for sale?

So yes it is still an oxymoron even with the disclaimer. It is either for sale or it isn't.

And yes it was condescending. It was meant that way.

Checkmate!

And you need to STFU. You asked for an unrestored Cap 1. Adam offered you one.

And you turn around and slam him. That sucks.

tall dingus.

It can't be one way or the other. Is there any difference between telling someone that a book isn't for sale but you can make an offer and putting a book up for sale with no sale price and an undisclosed reserve? If the undisclosed reserve is prohibitively high then that book is not for sale? So just because Adam has offered this book around and has told folks that he wants $40,000 for it is not for sale? And here he solicits a guy for an offer but the book isn't for sale?

So yes it is still an oxymoron even with the disclaimer. It is either for sale or it isn't.

Again... I do not believe I have offered this book for sale to anyone. (This has actually been a point of contention between my partner and I on this particular book) The number of $40k has been thrown out there in response to questions about how much I'd take for the book, but unless I'm having a serious mental lapse here I can't think of anyone I've actually offered the book to. And even if there is some conversation I'm not remembering, how is it dishonest to decide a book is for sale at one point in time and not for sale at another? You've never offered a book for sale and later decided you wanted to keep it?

And again, Royig is a known shill. I wouldn't sell the book to him if he offered me $100k!

If you have a problem with something I've said, fine. I've been known to change my mind about whether or not I want to sell books on more than one occasion and I could see how that might be annoying. But some of the things you're saying are flat out incorrect.

But just to clarify again... Whether its for my personal collection or a book I'm selling, any book I own is for sale at the right price. Hopefully this disclaimer puts your mind at ease.

tall dingus.

Again... I do not believe I have offered this book for sale to anyone. (This has actually been a point of contention between my partner and I on this particular book) The number of $40k has been thrown out there in response to questions about how much I'd take for the book, but unless I'm having a serious mental lapse here I can't think of anyone I've actually offered the book to. And even if there is some conversation I'm not remembering, how is it dishonest to decide a book is for sale at one point in time and not for sale at another? You've never offered a book for sale and later decided you wanted to keep it?

And again, Royig is a known shill. I wouldn't sell the book to him if he offered me $100k!

If you have a problem with something I've said, fine. I've been known to change my mind about whether or not I want to sell books on more than one occasion and I could see how that might be annoying. But some of the things you're saying are flat out incorrect.

But just to clarify again... Whether its for my personal collection or a book I'm selling, any book I own is for sale at the right price. Hopefully this disclaimer puts your mind at ease.

My only problem is with the contention that the book is not for sale.

The shill posted in the Wanted To Buy section. That means that he "wants to buy" a Captain America 1. If you contact him then it can only be inferred that you "want to sell". Therefore the book is for sale. I have no problem with you at all Adam. But the book is for sale. You did quote a price through Rick to Billy Parker when he was inquiring about upgrading his.

tall dingus.

My only problem is with the contention that the book is not for sale.

The shill posted in the Wanted To Buy section. That means that he "wants to buy" a Captain America 1. If you contact him then it can only be inferred that you "want to sell". Therefore the book is for sale. I have no problem with you at all Adam. But the book is for sale. You did quote a price through Rick to Billy Parker when he was inquiring about upgrading his.

Fixed that for you (thumbs u