• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dishonest Seller

486 posts in this topic

tall dingus.

:acclaim:

I don't think he bought the book from WW (I could be wrong) or why it's even relevant to the discussion.

Anyhoo, my "not for sale" sentence was qualified by the word "unless".

Because some books really are not for sale, unless someone insists on paying strong money for that particular book.

Is it still an oxymoron when there is a qualifier?

Does this mean that you get the award for most condescending post of the day?

It can't be one way or the other. Is there any difference between telling someone that a book isn't for sale but you can make an offer and putting a book up for sale with no sale price and an undisclosed reserve? If the undisclosed reserve is prohibitively high then that book is not for sale? So just because Adam has offered this book around and has told folks that he wants $40,000 for it is not for sale? And here he solicits a guy for an offer but the book isn't for sale?

So yes it is still an oxymoron even with the disclaimer. It is either for sale or it isn't.

And yes it was condescending. It was meant that way.

Again... I do not believe I have offered this book for sale to anyone. (This has actually been a point of contention between my partner and I on this particular book) The number of $40k has been thrown out there in response to questions about how much I'd take for the book, but unless I'm having a serious mental lapse here I can't think of anyone I've actually offered the book to. And even if there is some conversation I'm not remembering, how is it dishonest to decide a book is for sale at one point in time and not for sale at another? You've never offered a book for sale and later decided you wanted to keep it?

And again, Royig is a known shill. I wouldn't sell the book to him if he offered me $100k!

If you have a problem with something I've said, fine. I've been known to change my mind about whether or not I want to sell books on more than one occasion and I could see how that might be annoying. But some of the things you're saying are flat out incorrect.

But just to clarify again... Whether its for my personal collection or a book I'm selling, any book I own is for sale at the right price. Hopefully this disclaimer puts your mind at ease.

My only problem is with the contention that the book is not for sale.

The shill posted in the Wanted To Buy section. That means that he "wants to buy" a Captain America 1. If you contact him then it can only be conferred that you "want to sell". Therefore the book is for sale. I have no problem with you at all Adam. But the book is for sale. You did quote a price through Rick to Billy Parker when he was inquiring about upgrading his.

Richard, for the record I don't have a problem with you either. I'm mad at the moment, but I know you're a nice guy with more integrity than most and a collection I will forever be trying to imitate. And you're right, this (or any book) is for sale at the right price. And a price of $40,000 has been quoted to more than just Billy Parker when I've been asked by others what I'll take on the book. What I'm saying is I can't think of anyone I've offered the book to (and maybe I even have, I change my mind all the time. But I can't think of anyone) Any conversations I can think of that I've had about this book have been conversations initiated by someone else asking me about the book.

Me saying I don't care if i sell the book is not a selling ploy. Its just the truth.

My problem is that several of the statements you've made are not correct.

(As far as the "shill", he's been banned more times than I can count and has been harassing me here and on eBay for years. I was just trying to out his latest account. Sorry if you feel his rights were violated)

Which ones?

For starters:

1) Adam bought this book from World Wide Comics

2) Adam has offered this book around

Adam did not buy this book from World Wide Comics. And Adam has responded to inquiries about the book but has not offered this book around.

Which ones?

For starters:

1) Adam bought this book from World Wide Comics

2) Adam has offered this book around

Adam did not buy this book from World Wide Comics. And Adam has responded to inquiries about the book but has not offered this book around.

Rick told me that was the book that came from Steve and Matt's booth at San Diego.

Matt told me that was the book that came from Steve and Matt's booth at San Diego.

If they both told me something wrong I apologize.

I asked about that book at your booth in San Diego and was quoted a price.

Rick told me you both had a legitimate counteroffer from another individual which Rick wanted to accept and you turned it down. Billy inquired and received a quote weeks after that show. You responded to the WTB inquiry here. All of that in the last three months.

Again, if that isn't offering the book around I apologize.

And again... just to clarify.. its been a REALLY long few days over here. And at this point I'm not even sure the exact statement that your initial post is in reference to.

But to be as clear as possible:

I don't care if I sell this Captain America 1. It is a book I would love to have in my personal collection for the next 10 years. If however the right offer comes along I will sell the book.

I will not however, under ANY circumstances, be selling the book to Harold Fuller.

If anything I've said in the past even remotely contradicts this, it was unintentionally.

In response to your specific comments:

1) Yes I quoted you a price in SD. What does anything I did with the book in SD the day after I bought it have to do with my current intentions for the book?

2) You keep mentioning people who have asked me about the book. Who have I offered the book to? Not that it matters since I've tried to spell my position out very clearly above. But it seems like you're going out of your way not to understand what I'm saying.

Hulk smash!

Adam is getting angry :mad:

Is that why Adam is referring to himself in the third person? :baiting:

Either that or Adam has split personalities (shrug)

Maybe the other personality bought the book from WW Comics in SD? hm

Nope he didn't either. This book was bought for me in SD by Rick from Michael Carbonaro.

I do owe Adam an apology. He did not buy the Cap 1 from Worldwide. Michael Carbonaro did. Adam bought it from Michael.

My apologies :foryou:

Hulk smash!

Nope he didn't either. This book was bought for me in SD by Rick from Michael Carbonaro.

Rick doesn't buy me nice books like that :sorry:

Hulk smash!

Buy him a case of coke zeros and he'll be your friend for life :baiting:

Hulk smash!

He buys me some pretty nice books! :cloud9: