• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who sells Original Art frames?

6 posts in this topic

I've seen pre-assembled frames with mattes and glass already cut to size for original art. I just got a new piece and don't have the money for a custom local frame job, so I'd like a pre-designed frame. Who sells them?

Do you always use these guys or is this just a recommendation?

I had a large 19.5"x27.5" watercolor custom matted & framed by Larry at ComicFrames.com in a nice wood frame, behind UV acrylic. He made a custom-sized mylar sheath to encase/protect the artwork inside the frame, all for $181.45 shipped, which was a little less than what it would have cost me locally but with what I think were better quality materials.

That's the only piece I've had framed by him, and I was very satisfied by the product and service. For his regular-sized comic art frames, Larry has designed the frames so that it is very easy to change the artwork inside when you feel like rotating different pieces. I'm sure the cost is much less for the standard 11"x17" frames than what I paid for my custom job.

Gene

Do you always use these guys or is this just a recommendation?

I had a large 19.5"x27.5" watercolor custom matted & framed by Larry at ComicFrames.com in a nice wood frame, behind UV acrylic. He made a custom-sized mylar sheath to encase/protect the artwork inside the frame, all for $181.45 shipped, which was a little less than what it would have cost me locally but with what I think were better quality materials.

That's the only piece I've had framed by him, and I was very satisfied by the product and service. For his regular-sized comic art frames, Larry has designed the frames so that it is very easy to change the artwork inside when you feel like rotating different pieces. I'm sure the cost is much less for the standard 11"x17" frames than what I paid for my custom job.

Gene

Eh. I just had two pieces framed side-by-side in the same frame/matte with UV glass and acid-free archical materials, and it only cost $160. I was thinking about someone who does a plain pre-cut black matte/black frame job for a lot less money--I've seen it before on Ebay, for example, but can't find it now.

I'll post a pic of my double-frame job soon.