• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quick Question about Blackthorne Publications Sheena 3-D

21 posts in this topic

I'm almost certain it didn't.

Ευχαριστώ!

I am getting a batch of books that I had bought off the stands ready for pre-screen. Most of which, including this one, I bought off the stands and didn't think I had removed glasses.

I'm guessing the same is true for 3-D Seduction of the Innocent (again with a Stevens cover).

Just checked the Official Dave Stevens website, and it states that the 3-D glasses were included. So, I guess it really matters if you have them or not. (shrug)

I stand corrected, then - I own about 15 copies of this book and none of them have an insert with 3-D glasses :shrug:

Just checked the Official Dave Stevens website, and it states that the 3-D glasses were included. So, I guess it really matters if you have them or not. (shrug)

I stand corrected, then - I own about 15 copies of this book and none of them have an insert with 3-D glasses :shrug:

Further weirdness... I have 3 copies of this book with 3 different kinds of 3-D glasses.

Further weirdness... I have 3 copies of this book with 3 different kinds of 3-D glasses.

So, the copy you sold me might not have the original glasses? :taptaptap:

:jokealert:

Now that I never heard before. Are they attached to the books?

:popcorn:

Kinda hard to read the book that way. :whistle:

The reason why I ask is in the early 90's I bought a store out (really a pharmacy that had bought a store out to dabble in comics, and then realized how tough it was to move books).

Part of what I found in the collection was this box of plain white cardboard 3D glasses. When I asked what these were for, he told me all those 3D books as the dealers had to hand these out separate from the books.

I just assumed glasses were not attached to the books after that. Luckily, I traded them all for a few McFarlane Spider-Man issues because a dealer needed them.

:whee:

So, the copy you sold me might not have the original glasses? :taptaptap:

:jokealert:

lol At this point, it doesn't sound like anyone is sure what and if they DID have original glasses!

From what I have heard the Blackthorne glasses were included loose and the comic store owner had to match them with the comic when sold. They were often seperated from the comics that went unsold and into the backstock area. The Eclipse 3-D issues had the glasses factory looped around the spine under the cover.

From what I have heard the Blackthorne glasses were included loose and the comic store owner had to match them with the comic when sold. They were often seperated from the comics that went unsold and into the backstock area. The Eclipse 3-D issues had the glasses factory looped around the spine under the cover.

This would make sense for the box of glasses I bought. Thanks for the clarification.

I've owned probably 50 copies of Sheena at one time and none of them had 3D glasses attached, however one copy had two sets of glasses loose in the comic bag with it. Both were plain jane white with nothing distinctive on them.