• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Graded GA Archie Comics in Short Supply

424 posts in this topic

Congrats on the sales!!

I need to get a Slabbed #50. The one on Ebay is a bit over priced in my opinion. A 4.5 at $395. I have a RAW 4.0/4.5. I may have that one slabbed or take some time trying to find a higher grade in Raw. I am also looking for a #78 but not at the price for the one on Ebay (CGC 7.0 - $495!) I see that book around quite a bit so I suspect one will come my way in due course :)

that guy is insane along with the guy who is trying to sell the 58 7.5 for $350.

Agreed! I think some sellers have misread hightened interest #48-#50 to mean that every issue in that range is either scarce or in high demand. They are ALL great books but tough ones seem to be #48, #49 and #50. Even the #50 4.5 at $395 is just too expensive.

I am the person that was selling the Archie #58 in 7.5 for $350. Although it may seem to be an insane price to some, others will disagree! There has only been 2 Archie #58`s ever graded by cgc, the 7.5 that I had for sale was the highest graded of the 2 #58`s graded.

I moved the book outside of ebay and the new owner is very happy to say the least.

Some of the earlier Archies in 7.0 or higher grade are very rare so I priced the book at what I thought was a fair price and the buyer seemed to feel the same way.

Congrats on the sales!!

I need to get a Slabbed #50. The one on Ebay is a bit over priced in my opinion. A 4.5 at $395. I have a RAW 4.0/4.5. I may have that one slabbed or take some time trying to find a higher grade in Raw. I am also looking for a #78 but not at the price for the one on Ebay (CGC 7.0 - $495!) I see that book around quite a bit so I suspect one will come my way in due course :)

that guy is insane along with the guy who is trying to sell the 58 7.5 for $350.

Agreed! I think some sellers have misread hightened interest #48-#50 to mean that every issue in that range is either scarce or in high demand. They are ALL great books but tough ones seem to be #48, #49 and #50. Even the #50 4.5 at $395 is just too expensive.

I am the person that was selling the Archie #58 in 7.5 for $350. Although it may seem to be an insane price to some, others will disagree! There has only been 2 Archie #58`s ever graded by cgc, the 7.5 that I had for sale was the highest graded of the 2 #58`s graded.

I moved the book outside of ebay and the new owner is very happy to say the least.

Some of the earlier Archies in 7.0 or higher grade are very rare so I priced the book at what I thought was a fair price and the buyer seemed to feel the same way.

Well certainly a book is worth what a buyer is willing to pay. But as Golden Age Archies begin to find their price I do think it is easy to get caught up in a feeding frenzy. By that I mean with the demand suddenly peaking, will the prices come down?

Of course only time will tell. You are 100% correct when you say that high grade Archies (7.0 or better) are TOUGH to find! I just scored a raw #45 that I am pretty sure will grade out at between a 7.0 and 8.0 and plan to have it done this fall. Happily I got it at about $60!

Have any of you seen this ? A copy of Archie #50 on Ebay just sold for over $865 in what looks to be about 7.0 condition RAW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=330572433745&si=nEgUzGMICdya0idSB2%252FrgJNF6hc%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Wow!

Holy Krap.! Makes me love my copy even more!

Seller advertised it as fair/good?!

It was obviously a better copy than fair/good but this book is skyrocketing! I'm just glad I got my copy when I did. Even VG's are likely to sell for $200!

Well, at least it's a CGC graded copy! (thumbs u

I ended up picking up a PGX white page 6.0 "graded" copy a couple of years ago. Doesn't look as nice as this CGC 6.5 copy and probably more in the 5.0 range or so. Only good thing is that I didn't have to pay 4 figures for my copy.