• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Changing eBay Handle - Good Idea or Bad?

12 posts in this topic

I've been toying with the idea of changing my eBay handle for a while now. I joined up to eBay way before I got back into comics, and seeing as we used a bank account with my wife's maiden name on it we just took the first handle eBay suggested. Now I'm contemplating changing it to Boozad to match my board handle, I use it on other forums too and that's really the 'name' associated with me amongst comic forums.

My line of thinking is that if somebody comes across one of my listings there's no real connection to who's selling stuff. If I changed it then people would know who they're buying from, whether that would help or hinder I don't know! The downside is since I've been selling comics on eBay I've had quite a few return customers who do come back for more, so if I changed my handle now it may lose me customers who know who I am on eBay.

So would it be a good idea or bad?

Good idea unless you have a stalker then it just makes it easier for them to find you.

No stalkers I'm afraid...

When are the tryouts?

Startiiiiiing...

NOW!

tumblr_l4cnq3toxh1qazzzjo1_400.jpg

Now I'm contemplating changing it to Boozad to match my board handle, I use it on other forums too and that's really the 'name' associated with me amongst comic forums.

As long as your wife doesn't have any dealings on there, what can it hurt?

Good idea unless you have a stalker then it just makes it easier for them to find you.

No stalkers I'm afraid...

When are the tryouts?

Startiiiiiing...

NOW!

tumblr_l4cnq3toxh1qazzzjo1_400.jpg

I think it's a great idea Gav! (thumbs u