• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DID YOU CATCH THAT MISSING CENTERFOLD?

22 posts in this topic

Good Call, WTF is going on here:

Description:

"All Winners #13. This Golden Age comic which has vibrant colors, and issued in Fall. 1941 has gorgeous eye appeal, a nice piece of American and Comic history and a treasure to add to one's collection. This is a one staple comic and the Front cover has minor stress along the spine area including a minor tear at the staple, old faded wrinkles including minor writing that has been carefully erased, minimal border roughage including chipping at upper left corner, and general wear associated with a comic of this grade. The interior pages are off-white with minor tear at staple appearing on some pages including missing centerfold. The reverse , except for some light stains at bottom and some miniscule dirt marks is otherwise smooth for accuracy..The comic lies flat with a tight centerfold and and there are no pages or coupons missing except as noted."

NOTE these lines:

The interior pages are off-white with minor tear at staple appearing on some pages including missing centerfold.

The comic lies flat with a tight centerfold and and there are no pages or coupons missing except as noted.

What the heck is going on with this auction.

Good eye Tsp.

Dukes1 had/has a Wings 85 that I have noticed listed a few times. The description includes 'there is a spine tear above the top staple'. I emailed to ask if that meant it was torn all the way to the staple - answer was yes. All very well, but it is graded F/VF and has been sold at least once before and returned with feedback that says 'book is 4.0 not 7.0'. But it went back up at the higher grade.

I won't be buying there.

I thought this was going to critique eBayer "cpooh..." who seemed to be eBaying coverless parts to Marvel Mystery #10 described as #9 key issue. He usually gives barely enough of a description to not get a returned item from a disgruntled "winner."

This seller has had a Tec 42 up over 5 times in a row as it never meets his insanely high reserve.

I paid in the $400's for my Tec 42 CGC 4.0 (VG)

His Tec 42 is like a 1.5-1.8 or so and did not meet reserve at $353. :screwy:

Wonder if the buyer knows the CF is missing? Shady or confusing...... You be the judge.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260667271104&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&autorefresh=true

Hey Tyler how did you do with those PGX books you bought from Ryan Elliott?

Just in case you might want to check out the ff 1 on ebay thread (thumbs u

This is what is known in these parts of the cornfields as a tail-light warranty.

Standard disclaimer in his listings that isn't worth a consumed tissue . . .

Return Policy

*All information listed is intended to be as accurate as possible, but errors are possible. No item may be returned or refused based on this information which is provided as a service to our customers. You should contact each pricing source directly to determine the accuracy of this information.

It is a great relief to know that he provides information regarding the condition of the book -- but he doesn't stand behind that information -- as a customer service. OUTSTANDING!!! :golfclap:

Also . . . per his recommendation . . . Could someone please forward me the telephone number for the Price Guide?

Memo to his marketing department --->> YOUR FIRED!!

Wonder if the buyer knows the CF is missing? Shady or confusing...... You be the judge.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260667271104&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&autorefresh=true

Hey Tyler how did you do with those PGX books you bought from Ryan Elliott?

:o

Ok, I'm going to have to defend DukesCollectible (a little bit). Granted, he might not know what he's doing but he is honest. I bought the Cap 37 mentioned earlier in this thread. It had an undisclosed missing centerfold. However, the guy couldn't do enough for me to make me happy. He's an ex-military guy and he provided a prompt refund. Then, he relisted it with the missing centerfold mentioned. No one bought it, but I bought it back from him offline because it was a real clean cover. And I got it cheap. Anyone have a centerfold? :signofftopic: