• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buck Rogers 1st app. in comics....

9 posts in this topic

Here's a nice unique item for a Tuesday night...

Buck Rogers in the 25th Century Kellogs Giveaway.

This bad boy measures 6"x8" and is 36 pages. It features art by Phil Nowlan & Dick Calkins.

It is the 1st Buck Rogers radio premium, it is his 1st appearance in comics and it also tells his origin.

Almost every page of text includes a nice little color illustration to accompany it.

Condition: 6.5 (FN+)

This book presents really well with rich colors and nice gloss.

Light penciling on back cover and the front cover has an unobtrusive glass ring residue.

$300 = $250 which includes U.S. shipping.

buckradiofront.jpg

buckradioback.jpg

I think I actually like the back cover even better. The packaging on all the Kellogg's cereals is great. Nice and simple. Think how cluttered the same photo would look today with all the different colours on the boxes. Even more amazing is all those cerals still exist today almost 3/4 of a century later.

This is a great little book. It's not just the first Buck Rogers radio premium, but the first radio premium of any kind. I've owned many copies over the years, until I finally found a hg keeper. It is fairly common in lower grade, but really tough in anything above vg due to the black cover and the fact that they were all sent through the mail - vf is the highest grade in the guide. This is a really nice copy and somebody should snag it. (thumbs u

Here are a few interior pics. The 1st pic is dark but the 2nd two pics are a good representation of how nice the page quality is...

BTW...this book was published in 1933 ...

buckrogersinside%20001.jpg

buckrogersinside%20003.jpg

buckrogersinside%20002.jpg

ok...one last effort at a sale...

I will throw in the following pulp which features the very 1st cover appearance of Buck Rogers.

It is Amazing Stories vol. 3 #12 and the cover is nice and glossy. The back cover is missing along with perhaps a page or 2 of classifieds. A couple of front pages have some chunks missing but for the most part it's a pretty decent copy for a 1929 mag...

buckrogerspulp.jpg