• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Simonson THOR Omnibus Coming!!

18 posts in this topic

I have the Spiderman and Iron Man ominbus and they are amazing.

The Spiderman book is almost two books in one.

I need to get the Iron man Vol 2 book to complete the set. I also want Fantastic Four and Avengers (when it comes out).

Is the Captain America Omibus reprints of the TOS comics?

Naw.... I WISH!!!

The TOS stories written by Stan & Jack are some of my favorites.

The Cap omnibus consist of reprints of Cap Volume 5 (Ed Brubaker run).

That's good too, but yeah I hope they make an omnibus of the Cap TOS stories.

They did it for Iron Man, so why not Cap?

I guess they are waiting for the movie next year.

Naw.... I WISH!!!

The TOS stories written by Stan & Jack are some of my favorites.

The Cap omnibus consist of reprints of Cap Volume 5 (Ed Brubaker run).

That's good too, but yeah I hope they make an omnibus of the Cap TOS stories.

They did it for Iron Man, so why not Cap?

I guess they are waiting for the movie next year.

That is exactly what Marvel is doing. (thumbs u

They do is every time, hence why I can't wait for the next spider-man movie that come out. Not for the movie itself, but so I can finally see ASM Vol. 2 with Romita Sr.

The new Thor is $62.50 at DCBS.

So, what's so special about this run of issues? I've heard a number of fans hyping it up, but I've never heard any specifics. What makes this the must own Thor run?

Well most arcs last 2 issues and some go 6-8 issues and are boring and useless (Bendis for example). Simonson strung together a 15+ issue arc that was masterful, touched on all the great Thor lore. The second great arc in the latter issues is when Thor goes after Hela, just kick arse stuff, here's a taste:

t3821.jpg

Scan1.jpg

Probably the most enjoyable run of comics I've ever read.

Do varaint covers of omnibus get put up through amazon or do they just do regular covers ?! I want the variant cover for the omnibus since it has beta ray bill & thor on the cover :D

when simonson stops drawing them i lose interest

Really? I love Sal Buscema's work during this run. (shrug)

ok, i admit it looks better than the other horrible stuff SB did in the 80's and 90's, but I can take it or leave it. when these Thors came out with Simonson really changing his style (it had been pretty generic before then), I (and many others) were like "WOW". thor 337 was like a $10 wall book 2 months after it came out, maybe more, and that was a lot back then. oh sure, it's kindah of byrne looking (as byrne was the biggest artist in the biz right then), but it also had its own flair. and then simonson tried to take that over to x-factor and it was not so appealing.