• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Well you new this might happen, Star Wars 3D....

99 posts in this topic

Vader! :makepoint:

Darth Maul had potential but didn't do anything. One Jedi kill does not a Sith Lord make.

Vader in the old films moved like a weeble-wobble slowly swinging a wifflebat, whereas Darth Maul had a talented martial arts expert with a real panache and flair playing him. Now I know for SURE you've grown old and crusty! :baiting:

Darth Maul LOOKED cool and he ACTED cool but Vader WAS cool.

I'm younger than you but, yes, these films bring out my hatred and makes me long for the movies from back in the day

You guys do realize that this is a fictitious story and is aimed at adolescents, right? hm

Says the guy with 16k posts on a comic book forum... :baiting:

wookie1.jpg

I'm younger than you but, yes, these films bring out my hatred and makes me long for the movies from back in the day

I've met dozens of people who haven't even hit puberty who are far older than I am now. :whee:

The problem probably is that Lucas likely didn't foresee just how mind-blowingly badass Ray Park would be and how physically incredible he would be at portraying Maul. He wrote in a Sith to be expendable but then ended up hiring the most physically gifted performer in the entire Star Wars series to play that part. There's no way that Ewan McGregor could have done anything to approach the physical presence of Park, so when it came time to whack him, it seemed unrealistic and campy and about as believable as a 5' 6" middle school kid dunking on Shaquille O' Neal. :eek: So Maul ends up being this inordinately-awesome-seeming Sith with not enough back story or longevity to make him into a believable character.

I just whipped myself into a Darth Maul frenzy and feel like watching Episode I again the way I always do, by skipping through to all the Darth Maul scenes. Curse you George Lucas for holding out on releasing the movies on Blu-Ray! :mad:

I suppose the part that perturbs me the most about the lack of a Blu-Ray release is that LucasFilm made a big deal about transferring all six films to HD back in 2006/2007, so the work has been done for years. HBO showed all six films in HD for several months after they first did it, been a while since I've seen them on television in high def tho. :(

I've met dozens of people who haven't even hit puberty who are far older than I am now. :whee:

So, you are immature???

:jokealert:

The problem probably is that Lucas likely didn't foresee just how mind-blowingly badass Ray Park would be and how physically incredible he would be at portraying Maul. He wrote in a Sith to be expendable but then ended up hiring the most physically gifted performer in the entire Star Wars series to play that part. There's no way that Ewan McGregor could have done anything to approach the physical presence of Park, so when it came time to whack him, it seemed unrealistic and campy and about as believable as a 5' 6" middle school kid dunking on Shaquille O' Neal. :eek: So Maul ends up being this inordinately-awesome-seeming Sith with not enough back story or longevity to make him into a believable character.

Yes. I will agree to that. He had potential and it sucks that it was wasted. Put that as another reason why I hate the prequels.

Yes. I will agree to that. He had potential and it sucks that it was wasted. Put that as another reason why I hate the prequels.

Darth Maul was the best character to come out from the prequels.

I have an upsampling DVD player and they look very nice on it. :cool:

Yea I agree, I have a PlayStation 3 and you're right, DVDs look great upconverted. Time to get off the boards. :banana:

At least watch this. I guarantee you it is much more interesting; :)

I have an upsampling DVD player and they look very nice on it. :cool:

Yea I agree, I have a PlayStation 3 and you're right, DVDs look great upconverted. Time to get off the boards. :banana:

At least watch this. I guarantee you it is much more interesting; :)

:roflmao: :roflmao: Best movie review ever :roflmao: :roflmao:

Turning the reigns over to someone else to take in a new direction

The Clone Wars CGI cartoon on cable has garnered many positive reviews. Lucas did not write that. I haven't watched any of the episodes myself, but one of my buddies absolutely loves it, and he's a SW purist like me.

The fact that he has a huge framed picture of Amidala & Manniken in his living room notwithstanding... :baiting: (he knows who he is)

Lucas used Joseph Campbell's "The Hero with 1000 Faces" to write the original trilogy, then promptly forgot the lessons he learned there when he wrote the prequels. It's no surprise that the best movie in the saga (Empire) is the one he had the least to do with. The youtube link Claudio posted is especially telling in regards to the writing of the prequels.

I didn't do it! :whistle: