• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone have past experience with ebayer "LoisandClark"?

17 posts in this topic

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has had past experience with buying books from "LoisandClark" on ebay? I have bought books from them in the past and I was very happy with them, but before I buy any future books, I wanted to get input from any of you more serious e-buyers.

Any input would be appreciated!

One of my best raw buys ever on ebay was from them. I bought a very well-graded high-grade Silver book--forget which one--and as I often do, I asked them if they had other books I would be interested in as a note with my payment. They offered me a NM copy of X-Men #58 for Overstreet's top price at the time...turned out to be UNDERGRADED, it's minimum 9.6, possibly 9.8. :cloud9:

xmen58.jpg

One of my best raw buys ever on ebay was from them. I bought a very well-graded high-grade Silver book--forget which one--and as I often do, I asked them if they had other books I would be interested in as a note with my payment. They offered me a NM copy of X-Men #58 for Overstreet's top price at the time...turned out to be UNDERGRADED, it's minimum 9.6, possibly 9.8. :cloud9:

:applause:

That is a killer book!

I hate to say this, but if you check out the Conan #1 they are listing right now as a 9.4 raw, click on the picture and look at the fungus on the upper left-hand corner.

Conan 1, 9.4

They note it in the description as distributor's overspray. I don't know if they're right or not, I haven't noticed anything quite like that before. (shrug)hm If they're right, I've seen CGC 9.6 and 9.8 books with that much overspray. Here's the scan for reference:

Scan-100928-0023.jpg

They note it in the description as distributor's overspray. I don't know if they're right or not, I haven't noticed anything quite like that before. (shrug)hm If they're right, I've seen CGC 9.6 and 9.8 books with that much overspray.

I saw that, and updated my comment. But I'm with you - I've never seen anything like that with overspray.

What a shame!

Sadly, he used to be a tight grader - now all you have to do is look at the scans. Also, I've had repeated shipping damage issues, as he ships in flat rate priority envelopes.

as he ships in flat rate priority envelopes.

I hate that!

1092 and 1095 Priority boxes are free, and the USPS will ship them to you for free.

1097s are free too - and you can ship one book carefully packaged for under one pound.

I agree with the general consensus here. I purchased a raw Challenger's of the Unknown #72 black Adams cover that came back a highest graded CGC 9.4 from them. I have also purchased some VF to NM- graded raw books while affordable did not warrant the assigned grade when I got them in hand. Kinda hit and miss with them, but you might get lucky.

Loisandclark is really an individual named Jim. I know Jim well from a few years ago. We did many transactions in person as he is local to me. About 2 years ago

Jim had some tough personal problems and sold off his collection. This is the first time I was made aware that he is back.

I can't comment on his grading as we all know in person grades are probably different than E-Bay grades nor can I comment on his shipping. I can only comment that he was a really nice guy, easy to get along with. I'm sure if you had a problem he would make it right.

Sadly, he used to be a tight grader - now all you have to do is look at the scans. Also, I've had repeated shipping damage issues, as he ships in flat rate priority envelopes.

This is exactly my experience. I stopped buying from that seller even when i was still doing a ton of buying on the 'bay. From 2001 to about 2005 great seller, then less of a tight, good grader

This is exactly my experience. I stopped buying from that seller even when i was still doing a ton of buying on the 'bay. From 2001 to about 2005 great seller, then less of a tight, good grader

Yup.

Good seller up to 2005.

So-so seller thereafter.