• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Driving to CGC today to sub a bunch of books!

98 posts in this topic

I was under the impression that you can't pick up or drop off less than 100 books. I live 15 minutes away but I only pick up and drop off each time with 100 books or more.

They said I can drop off and pick up any number of books. I'm a premium member and I got the impression you can't go there at all unless you have a membership.

Chick-fil-a for lunch

I crack up every time I see that name. You can just see the guys who started the chain brainstorming about the name:

Verne: "We`ll call it 'Chick Filet', because that`s what we sell!"

Cletus: "We`re in the south, ! If you spell it `Filet`, everyone`s going to pronounce it `Fill-ett'!"

Bubba: "I got it! We`ll spell it 'Fil-ay' so people will know how to pronounce it!"

Cletus: "We`re in the south, ! That 'y' is going to confuse everybody! Just spell it 'Fil-a'. Damn, even my cousin Buford, who`s also my brother-in-law, will be able to get that one right!"

Has this forum been absorbed by Twitter now? :wishluck:

When I see banal threads like this one, I often wonder.

I wonder aloud.

lol

I had breakfast today. Then lunch, although a little later than normal because it was pretty busy at work. And finally, dinner, but I didn`t that much because I was still full from my late lunch.

you need to have this excitement in your life :kidaround:

Oh, the race track and I are old friends.

Sucks to be in NJ cause I'd love to drive in and drop some books off, just for the experience. My grandmother lives in Ocala, FL and I'm going to visit in November...anyone have a guestimate on how long that drive might be? Where is CGC headquarters again?

You should have started sooner with CGC as they were originally located in NJ. :baiting:

I wonder aloud.

lol

Banal huh? Interesting hm

You guys slay me...

Ok, next thread will be very original just for you....

I wonder aloud.

lol

Banal huh? Interesting hm

You guys slay me...

Ok, next thread will be very original just for you....

like this one? :baiting:

I remember when posters would just do it and then post all about it when they got home if something happened that was interesting enough.

That is the difference between an interesting diary entry and posting a thread that is a twitter moment.

I think that is the point they are trying to make, not to bash YOUR experience.

No one can predict exciting, so why post before/incase it happens?

I was under the impression that you can't pick up or drop off less than 100 books. I live 15 minutes away but I only pick up and drop off each time with 100 books or more.

They said I can drop off and pick up any number of books. I'm a premium member and I got the impression you can't go there at all unless you have a membership.

lol

No... I'm not a member of anything and I've been there a few times.

etanick, if you are a cgc member you can drop books off at cgc. it doesnt matter how many or how few. i always drop off and pick my books up.

up until a few weeks ago you didnt even have to be a cgc member to go in and drop books off or pick them up. it was just recently changed.

Well...this thread is more eventful than my visit to CGC. lol Nothing interesting at all along the way (not that I expected anything) and the drive wasn't as long as I thought to get there (going 85 mph).

Dang! I was hoping for a skunk ape sighting.

I remember when posters would just do it and then post all about it when they got home if something happened that was interesting enough.

That is the difference between an interesting diary entry and posting a thread that is a twitter moment.

Yes all you guys are perfect and anything less than your stellar posts are banal and lame... lol

I really don't care what you think...I'll post what I like. Don'tike it...don't read it.

My nose was itching, so I just scratched it. :eek: I'm about to go get a second cup of coffee. :cloud9:

My nose was itching, so I just scratched it. :eek: I'm about to go get a second cup of coffee. :cloud9:

Maybe your nose is allergic to your coffee consumption? Hmm

Try orange juice and maybe you won't need to scratch your nose