• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Driving to CGC today to sub a bunch of books!

98 posts in this topic

I was under the impression that you can't pick up or drop off less than 100 books. I live 15 minutes away but I only pick up and drop off each time with 100 books or more.

They said I can drop off and pick up any number of books. I'm a premium member and I got the impression you can't go there at all unless you have a membership.

lol

No... I'm not a member of anything and I've been there a few times.

Either because you are a dealer or you must be a member to go to their offices. That is what they said and you need to make reservations 24 hours in advance.

But perhaps you are unique Brian and they have special rules for you

As someone mentioned, I think that they changed the rules recently. That being said, I would have given 24 hours notice anyway. By the way, I was chuckling at the fact that the memberships are now tiered for CGC.

I was under the impression that you can't pick up or drop off less than 100 books. I live 15 minutes away but I only pick up and drop off each time with 100 books or more.

They said I can drop off and pick up any number of books. I'm a premium member and I got the impression you can't go there at all unless you have a membership.

lol

Either because you are a dealer or you must be a member to go to their offices. That is what they said and you need to make reservations 24 hours in advance.

As someone mentioned, I think that they changed the rules recently. That being said, I would have given 24 hours notice anyway. By the way, I was chuckling at the fact that the memberships are now tiered for CGC.

I think they're following Overstreet's lead for inducting advisers.

:insane:

Probably because Dice has a bloody sense of humor and doesn't get personally offended by everything like you do. (thumbs u

(thumbs u Right back at ya!

I think you meant this one. fingers-019.gif

^^

:roflmao:

Probably because Dice has a bloody sense of humor and doesn't get personally offended by everything like you do. (thumbs u

(thumbs u Right back at ya!

I think you meant this one. fingers-019.gif

lol

By the way, other than for walk through, did you enjoy (in the sense of a 3 hour trip) going to CGC -- I guess having been to both NJ and FL sites, I was like, it's cool and all, but I probably wouldn't go out of my way to drop off in person unless 1) I had something uber expensive or 2) had a ton of books or 3) could pick up a ton of books.

Of course I don't live in Florida, so when I am down there, my primary motivation is to visit Mark or Paul or (Steve, but he's not at CGC obvs.)

I still need to rejoin though, and I probably will, there's certainly enough benefit in doing so.

I personally was replying to tth2 (go see who I quoted) because he jokes about me using this board as my own personal twitter so I was just poking him back a bit.

Was I joking? hm

No but I'm trying to portray you as an easy going, light hearted board member with an open mind.

It's a challenge but I don't give up easily.

By the way, other than for walk through, did you enjoy (in the sense of a 3 hour trip) going to CGC -- I guess having been to both NJ and FL sites, I was like, it's cool and all, but I probably wouldn't go out of my way to drop off in person unless 1) I had something uber expensive or 2) had a ton of books or 3) could pick up a ton of books.

Of course I don't live in Florida, so when I am down there, my primary motivation is to visit Mark or Paul or (Steve, but he's not at CGC obvs.)

I still need to rejoin though, and I probably will, there's certainly enough benefit in doing so.

Thanks Brian. I ordinarily wouldn't drive 2 1/2 hours to drop off and pick up books. But, I haven't had a long drive in my car in quite some time and I felt like getting out on the open road with some music blasting and my sun roof open for a little relaxation. I'm usually flying and it's so confining. A nice drive was very cathartic.

That part of the trip was fun. Visiting CGC was nothing to speak of at all. Plain offices and nothing even showing comics in the waiting room. Nicole was nice who worked with me on my books though.

I was dropping off about $1,000 in books and felt better about dropping them off than shipping. I also don't like the way CGC ships using registered mail option which can take a very long time even for me living 160 miles away.

Plus I am going to go back when my 15 books are available. I just don't trust the mail to send that many books.

It was basically an excuse to hit the road and open up my car a bit and relax.

Thanks Brian. I ordinarily wouldn't drive 2 1/2 hours to drop off and pick up books. But, I haven't had a long drive in my car in quite some time and I felt like getting out on the open road with some music blasting and my sun roof open for a little relaxation. I'm usually flying and it's so confining. A nice drive was very cathartic.

That part of the trip was fun. Visiting CGC was nothing to speak of at all. Plain offices and nothing even showing comics in the waiting room. Nicole was nice who worked with me on my books though.

I was dropping off about $1,000 in books and felt better about dropping them off than shipping. I also don't like the way CGC ships using registered mail option which can take a very long time even for me living 160 miles away.

Plus I am going to go back when my 15 books are available. I just don't trust the mail to send that many books.

It was basically an excuse to hit the road and open up my car a bit and relax.

Smart thinking

IMG_0003.jpg

lol

thanks all...now I know for sure since I just off the phone with CGC.

It is odd that even last week when I picked up a batch of 100 slabs. I only dropped off 60 new books and the person that checked those books confirmed to me that i can't pick them up next time because it is less than 100.

Regardless, I am glad they changed that 100 minimum.

lol

It is odd that even last week when I picked up a batch of 100 slabs. I only dropped off 60 new books and the person that checked those books confirmed to me that i can't pick them up next time because it is less than 100.

Why? It's going to cost you a lot more in postage now, no?

lol

No, he lives 15 min away from CGC so he can now go there any time to drop off or pick up books (less than 100).

Maybe I've driven cross country too many times, or maybe its the 3+ hours I spend commuting every day, but a 6 hour road trip to drop off or pick up some books does not tickle my fancy in the least.

I bet!

I have a 15 min commute to my office and tend to work from home a lot. If I had to drive a lot...I wouldn't even consider it.

Since I fly all the time and don't use my car often...it seemed enticing. I also have a cool car that I love and I felt like driving fast! :insane:

lol

No, he lives 15 min away from CGC so he can now go there any time to drop off or pick up books (less than 100).

The way I read it, he can't go pick them up because he didn't submit over 100? "i can't pick them up next time because it is less than 100." So now he has to have them mailed to him?

Yes, a year ago when I submitted my first batch, I was told I can only do in person if I am dropping off and picking up at least 100 books.

Since then I submitted 4 lots of 100 books...each time, I picked up one and drop off a new batch of 100. I had a lot of books to sub so I didn't mind the 100 minimum but now that I am at the end of my collection, I only have 60 or so books to sub, thus the little confusion on whether I have to pay for shipment instead of picking them up in person later.

Now that they changed the rule, I will be able to pick up the books whenever they are ready and save the shipping cost.