• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Most dynamic copper age covers?

110 posts in this topic

Some great examples shown so far :applause: That Zeck Badger cover blows my mind...I used to read Badger and I don't recall seeing that one before now..weird!

I think the 80's was the last great hurrah for fantastic cover designs ( though there are exceptions of course ).

Captain America 286 (Just perfect!)

Hulk 340 (Classic)

First, welcome to the boards!

And I totally agree about these covers. :cloud9:

But did you ever go back and re-read Hulk 340? The internal artwork isn't as impressive as I remembered, IMHO.

(shrug)

Thanks for the welcome! Yeah I still do like Hulk 340. It's not something that I would reference for amazing anatomy or storytelling, but for a 1988 book, it was out of this world. I personally liked 342 with Half-life in it. That's my fav Mcfarlane Hulk.

Lots of good covers you guys put up I never seen before. Zeck seems to have been really big during this time. Surprised not to see more Perez. Love the Davis' Excalibur issues: #67 with Kitty Pryde on the front (Days of Future Past storyline) is a personal fav. This Havoc/Wolverine cover is just!! Maybe Sylvestri's best, aside from 247.

33596-4052-37514-1-excalibur_super.jpg

25719-3092-28577-1-uncanny-x-men-the_super.jpg

28433-3092-31554-1-uncanny-x-men-the_super.jpg