• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post-Robin Tec club

201 posts in this topic

Didn't the 39 cgc 7.5 go for a low price in the recent CC auction?

I don't see many strong prices on it in the mid-to-high grades but the low grades seem to do well--due in part, I believe, to the Golden Age "entrance fee" that is so often associated with low grade GA Batman, Tecs, Supes, and Actions.

Some day.

And I found a nice copy of Tec 67 (I think)--the 1st Two Face at an LCS. It's a solid GD to GD+ for straight guide... though they've had this book literally for years, so no takers. I might swing by their store around the New Year when they run their 50% off sale and see if they still have it. It WOULD be fun to get a Batman villain's 1st appearance.

hm

SunOct03150933EDT2010.jpg

one of my favorite splashes. Clayface before he became some blob.

tell me this doesn't look like the guy on the cover of tec 40!

it is. Overstreet needs to change it --Tec 40 appears to be a Clay face cover :cool:

It could be the Joker

it is. Overstreet needs to change it --Tec 40 appears to be a Clay face cover :cool:

It could be the Joker

It's defiantly Joker, read the 2nd Joker story from Batman 1. Joker's in a hat and a different suit than Clayface is in Tec 40's story. Tec 40's cover is 100% Joker.

But DC not wanting to waste money/time on a different cover when they moved the Joker stroy from Tec 40 to Batman, just played with the inks to make it seem like Clayface. That's where the visual confusion comes in.

It could be the Joker

It's defiantly Joker, read the 2nd Joker story from Batman 1. Joker's in a hat and a different suit than Clayface is in Tec 40's story. Tec 40's cover is 100% Joker.

+1

It's true.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I think they switched the inks up a bit so that it wouldn't appear to be a character that never ended up making the issue.

Trust me, it's the Joker.

It could be the Joker

But DC not wanting to waste money/time on a different cover when they moved the Joker stroy from Tec 40 to Batman, just played with the inks to make it seem like Clayface. That's where the visual confusion comes in.

Proof

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

It could be the Joker

Proof

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

Is there any chance you may have the splash?