• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post-Robin Tec club

201 posts in this topic

(thumbs u I think there needs to be an Ask Gator thread in Golden Age section. lol
:idea:

Do it :baiting:

wouldn't that be a little "presumptuous" on my part lol

and, if you have ever seen my PM box, you know I am already "open for business" lol

Ok we know the intent was for him to be the Joker on the 40. But can we safely pressume that it was altered somewhat once they decided not touse the interior work ? He still has a striking resemblance to Clayface.

Could you find the vid ? Upload on say youtube or something?

Ok we know the intent was for him to be the Joker on the 40. But can we safely pressume that it was altered somewhat once they decided not touse the interior work ? He still has a striking resemblance to Clayface.

I can't even figure out how to upload my kid's football game to youtube lol

lol , don't worry my younger sister knows how to work the computer better than me.. I can barely keep up with all this new technology

or to use facebook :makepoint: ask your wife to do it :idea:

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fitems%2Easp%3Fid%3D3855%26FROM%3D%26TO%3D&id=806544

well Its a Jerry Robinson cover so it would be great to ask him.

Its funny how CGC does not mention on their label of it being the first Joker cover.

I came across the following while surfing the net for comments related to the cover of Tec #40, which further seems to support that DC may not have worried too much about the villain on the cover matching any of the stories within a given issue;

"Early Batman comics had those kinds of weird cover problems a lot; the Joker appears on the cover of DETECTIVE #40, which is clearly based off the splash page for the second Joker story in BATMAN #1 but isn't in the story, and Doctor Death appears on the cover of DETECTIVE #35 event though he last appeared back in isue #30."

Given that the Joker had just recently been created around the time of Batman #1 and Tec #40, and given that the cover to Tec #40 may have been colored at a different time than the interior pages involving the Joker in Batman #1, I'm guessing that it may just not yet have been widely adopted by DC's creative team that the Joker's trademark suit is purple. This is pure speculation on my part, of course, but could be a plausible explanation for the choice of colors on the Joker on Tec #40.

In regards to CGC's lack of a Joker cover notation on Tec #40, since the Joker isn't in his trademark purple, rather than rely on Overstreet, since they may have had some question about it when developing their comments for inclusion on the labels, CGC may have just decided to not note it as such until such time, if ever, as they were convinced that it is a Joker cover (when they initially considered the issue, they may not have been aware of Kane's comments as recollected by Gator &/or considered the totality of the other circumstantial evidence that has been discussed in this thread).

This is incorrect information.

The villain on the cover of Tec 35 is NOT Doctor Death, it is Duc D'Orterre from Tec 34.

Tec 35's cover is based off the villain and was for the story of Tec 34. (Even though that cover scene from Tec 35 does not appear in Tec 34 directly)