• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ONE SCHOMBURG - MYSTERY COMICS #1 + FICTION HOUSE - JUNGLE 99

80 posts in this topic

Ok, reopened for one more book...

Exciting Comics #36 Schomburg Japanese WWII cover

2.0 GOOD

SOLD $60 shipped, what I paid for it

This issue is quite rare, only 3 graded on the census. I bought this as a potential restoration candidate. Cover is in pretty decent shape for the grade, strong colors and some gloss remaining - minus the evident soiling. Book is not water damaged, the staining is on the surface. Detached cover. 1st wrap is split. Page quality is cream, not brittle. 52 pages front to back, complete issue.

th_exc36.jpgth_exc36b.jpg

2.0 GOOD

$60 shipped, what I paid for it

This issue is quite rare, only 3 graded on the census. I bought this as a potential restoration candidate. Cover is in pretty decent shape for the grade, strong colors and some gloss remaining - minus the evident soiling. Book is not water damaged, the staining is on the surface. Detached cover. 1st wrap is split. Page quality is cream, not brittle. 52 pages front to back, complete issue.

exc36.jpg ?action=view&current=exc36b.jpg'>th_exc36b.jpg

:takeit:

2.0 GOOD

$60 shipped, what I paid for it

Sold! ^^ Thank you

Marvel Mystery Comics #66 Last Schomburg Japanese WWII cover on title

VG/VG+

SOLD $375 shipped - What I paid for it

I bought this one on the boards back in July. Was planning on keeping it, but have to move some books to help pay for recent purchases. Great colors, good gloss. Cover is not as flat as the scan might indicate, there are an accumulation of indentations. Looks good in a mylar, and may benefit from a press, but it wouldn't really improve the overall grade. Cover is attached, but wouldn't take much to become unattached. Slightly tan edge of inside covers. Page quality darker cream

th_mmc66.jpgth_mmc66b.jpg

Mystery Comics #1 1944 Schomburg cover

G+ detached cover

$175 shipped

Not a very common book. I've owned this once since '99 when I picked it up from Ebay. This one has great colors, excellent gloss. Detached cover, dust-shadow on top 1/4 of cover. A couple of 1/8" tears on top of front cover that don't show up very well in scan. Cream to off-white pages, supple. First appearance of Magnet, Silver Knight, and Wonderman

myst1.jpgth_mmc66b.jpg

Jungle Comics #99 Classic cover by Celardo

Sold to me as VF- which I agree with, it seems nicer than a F+

$130 US shipped

Flat, tight, glossy. Multiple spine indents, 1/4" LRC crease. Creamy pages. "Smells like old comic book".

Please don't buy this book, it will be hard to replace

jun99.jpgth_jun99b.jpg

Thrilling Comics #49 Schomburg Japanese WWII cover

3.0 G/VG

SOLD$75 shipped (I'm losing $ on this one :cry:)

I bought this one from Ebay and should have returned it. It's a nice enough book, I just overpaid for the grade. Main defect is a 3" tear on the back cover. I slipped a piece of note paper in the tear so it would show up on the BC scan. Cover pulling away at staples. Centerfold firmly attached. 52 pages, front to back, complete

th_thr49.jpgth_thr49b.jpg

Fighting Yank #13 Classic Schomburg WWII cover

3.5 VG-

SOLD $250 US shipped

Lays flat. 1/2" top spine split. 2" NCB crease front upper-right corner. Eraser? rub in "Y" on front cover. Minor soiling back cover. 2-staple book, cover and centerfold firmly attached. Creamy pages, not brittle. 36 pages front to back, complete.

th_fy13.jpgth_fy13b.jpg

3.5 VG-

$250 US shipped

Lays flat. 1/2" top spine split. 2" NCB crease front upper-right corner. Eraser? rub in "Y" on front cover. Minor soiling back cover. 2-staple book, cover and centerfold firmly attached. Creamy pages, not brittle. 36 pages front to back, complete.

fy13.jpgth_fy13b.jpg

3.5 VG-

$250 US shipped

th_fy13.jpgth_fy13b.jpg

Sold ^^ Thank you

I'm sad to see that one go

3.5 VG-

$250 US shipped

th_fy13.jpgth_fy13b.jpg

Sold ^^ Thank you

I'm sad to see that one go

Thanks for offering this one up Chris :cloud9:

Paid you

Marvel Mystery Comics #66 Last Schomburg Japanese WWII cover on title

VG/VG+

$375 shipped - What I paid for it

I bought this one on the boards back in July. Was planning on keeping it, but have to move some books to help pay for recent purchases. Great colors, good gloss. Cover is not as flat as the scan might indicate, there are an accumulation of indentations. Looks good in a mylar, and may benefit from a press, but it wouldn't really improve the overall grade. Cover is attached, but wouldn't take much to become unattached. Slightly tan edge of inside covers. Page quality darker cream

mmc66.jpgth_mmc66b.jpg