• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

We can't blame Chuck - it's a disability

19 posts in this topic

From a recent Mile High newsletter:

"On our last trip, for example, I nearly ran out of the medicine that I take each day for the large (7 cm long) arachnoid cyst that I have in the left temporal lobe of my brain. Without my medication I have a very hard time stabilizing my moods, as that congenital birth defect left me without the critical part of the brain that helps most people self-regulate their emotional responses, especially during periods of stress. I ended up having just enough pills to get through my last trip, but after that little scare, I wanted to sure this morning that I counted everything twice".

So let's have no more Rozanski-bashing. He can't help it. It's a disability. We should salute his good fortune in the 1970s for unearthing the Edgar Church collection, congratulate him on what appears to be a successful business model selling comics and organic produce, and disparage him no more.

Well I feel bad for Chuck

but the had the smallest missplaced spot at the Big Apple. Plus the "drek" that was on display really did not interest me. I don't think there was a Mile High 2 in sight. doh!

1izhi0.jpg

WEBHEAD

I met Chuck when he had a Colorado Springs Mile High outside of Fort Carson. He showed up with his operations lead (Will?). They came in, and the other guy just started ripping into the two store managers while I was shopping.

I turned around and was about to ask Chuck if he thought that was appropriate in front of a customer. I noticed Chuck was smiling while this took place, as if he was proud of shaking things up, no matter who was present.

I put my books down and walked out, very disappointed in meeting the guy that used to send me mail-order books as a kid and who I thought would be great to meet one day and thank him for the great service.

:(

Is he on hormon treatment or something, that looks like saggy man boobs :sick:

Well I feel bad for Chuck

but the had the smallest missplaced spot at the Big Apple. Plus the "drek" that was on display really did not interest me. I don't think there was a Mile High 2 in sight. doh!

1izhi0.jpg

WEBHEAD

I met Chuck when he had a Colorado Springs Mile High outside of Fort Carson. He showed up with his operations lead (Will?). They came in, and the other guy just started ripping into the two store managers while I was shopping.

I turned around and was about to ask Chuck if he thought that was appropriate in front of a customer. I noticed Chuck was smiling while this took place, as if he was proud of shaking things up, no matter who was present.

I put my books down and walked out, very disappointed in meeting the guy that used to send me mail-order books as a kid and who I thought would be great to meet one day and thank him for the great service.

:(

What year was that?

I visited a comic shop in the Springs around 1990 when I was stationed at Carson. A least I THINK it was a MH store hm ...All I remember was ASM 300 was one of the books on the wall. I remember looking at the current release of Silver Surfer which had Thanos on the cover. Didnt buy anything though.

What year was that?

'93-'94 timeframe. Jim and Steve were the store managers, and were some of the nicest people you would ever want to meet running a comic store

That was the real disappointment. They made it a lot of fun for folks to visit, and even during Veterans Day would coordinate with the base to setup displays of early Americana-focused and military-focused books. It's the first time I ever saw a Captain America #1 up close in this large display board they would insert at the base PX.

I believe the store is long gone now, but those two people always stuck with me as solid comic resellers, and great people overall.

If I signed up to an online comic store's newsletter, I want to hear about comics, not how bad shape/stoned/nuts the owner is.

If I was a comic store owner sending out newsletters, I wouldn't want to tell people what was wrong with me.

These newsletters really do define bizarre.

If I signed up to an online comic store's newsletter, I want to hear about comics, not how bad shape/stoned/nuts the owner is.

Or when he feels the need to comment on his "gay" worker, and now how fascinated he is with her to the point he is going over the edge.

(shrug)