• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ending auctions early

155 posts in this topic

Since when is it TOMEGA position to make EBAYS policies known? He did report me and all ebay did was send me a link to their policies. Whoa...that was really dealt with wasnt it TOMEGA?? Anyway, my point is...I do have a good standing with Ebay and my customers. ALL of the comics I have sold, people have been happy with. Between Ebay and Paypal fees, yes sellers get hit with a loss sometimes. Reserve fees are NOT cheap and they are not refunded unless you SELL the item. Ending auctions are against EBAY policy IF you do it to save money which I DID NOT do. I never stated that to this TOMEGA guy. I said that SELLERS SUFFER NOW.....never said why I ended the auction.

Does anyone here think that this is ridiculous? All over ending an auction? What about when I first started posting here?? I got treated like SH*T from you people on lhere for NO reason. Is that right? I came on here to get some opinions on comics and sell an ASM # 1 I had acquired.

It sounds to me like you guys think you own the comic industry and can do whatever you want. Then when someone actually fights back you cannot handle the truth.

~thunderkitten

Since when is it TOMEGA position to make EBAYS policies known? He did report me and all ebay did was send me a link to their policies. Whoa...that was really dealt with wasnt it TOMEGA?? Anyway, my point is...I do have a good standing with Ebay and my customers. ALL of the comics I have sold, people have been happy with. Between Ebay and Paypal fees, yes sellers get hit with a loss sometimes. Reserve fees are NOT cheap and they are not refunded unless you SELL the item. Ending auctions are against EBAY policy IF you do it to save money which I DID NOT do. I never stated that to this TOMEGA guy. I said that SELLERS SUFFER NOW.....never said why I ended the auction.

Does anyone here think that this is ridiculous? All over ending an auction? What about when I first started posting here?? I got treated like SH*T from you people on lhere for NO reason. Is that right? I came on here to get some opinions on comics and sell an ASM # 1 I had acquired.

It sounds to me like you guys think you own the comic industry and can do whatever you want. Then when someone actually fights back you cannot handle the truth.

~thunderkitten

Sounds awfully desperate and defensive for an innocent person, what's the matter, you said you do nothing wrong? Who treated you like sh*t? I merely posted the facts, you took it as a personal attack on you. But why? You said you do nothing wrong? You are not posting the truth, you are posting lies. You are only ending auctions because you did not get what you wanted out of them. The fact is you have been wasting peoples time by cancelling auctions at the last minute to avoid fees. Not only will with drive up fees for the rest of us. But since you are so innocent lets take look at your auctions :

Incredible Hulk 181 CGC 6.0 cancelled with 2 minutes left

700 + Comic Book Lot, V cancelled with 4 minutes left

Giant Size X-men # 1 cancelled with less then a minute

Daredevil # 7 Silver Age - cancelled with 15 seconds left

Giant Size X-men # 1 - cancelled once again with 21 seconds left

Gee, anybody see a pattern there? And that is from the last 11 auctions you had, I am sure you have been wasting peoples time, and frankly, your own. Did you ever consider that there are quite a few people that wait until the last 5 minutes in an auction? You are wasting everyone's time and it is not right. Put a reserve and pay the fees, if you do not like it then go sell it else where. It is only a matter of time before eBay catches up. I do not know what happened with the ASM #1 you are talking about but if you were treated poorly maybe it was that the forum members sensed you were up to no good. A person of character would have responded to my first email with an apology for wasting people's time, owned up to problem, and agreed not to do it again. You do not see it that way and you probably never will.

If you had read my last post, you would have noticed that I was referring to my first experience on the boards here about people treating me like sh*t. AND I dont give apologies to people that are rude to me.

You think you are tuff on here because you have your little "forum friends"? AND you are accusing me again with the ASM # 1. Sensed I was up to NO GOOD?? Excuse me. I think your forum friends are stuck up snobs that think they can say whatever they want. I enjoy reading comics and the art of it as well and you guys "MAKE THE COMIC WORLD BAD".

Why do you keep this going anyway? I will continue to sell on EBAY whether you like it or not. I dont plan on listing any reserve auctions either. I dont ever see myself suspended. Isnt this over by now?

I used Ebay to get some extra money that I used for my very sick family member, but since you people have NO heart. that doesnt matter to you. Dont worry though, it will all come back to you in the end.

I don't know you, but if you did that to me, I'd never bid on an auction of yours ever again. I'd also tell everyone I know about what you did. And they'd tell their friends, etc. And then you know what would happen? Before you know it, no one would bid on your auctions and you'd be cancelling them left and right.

Judging from the list of your recent cancelled auctions, it looks like those particular WHEELS ARE ALREADY IN MOTION.

~thunderkitten

If you had read my last post, you would have noticed that I was referring to my first experience on the boards here about people treating me like sh*t. AND I dont give apologies to people that are rude to me.

You think you are tuff on here because you have your little "forum friends"? AND you are accusing me again with the ASM # 1. Sensed I was up to NO GOOD?? Excuse me. I think your forum friends are stuck up snobs that think they can say whatever they want. I enjoy reading comics and the art of it as well and you guys "MAKE THE COMIC WORLD BAD".

Why do you keep this going anyway? I will continue to sell on EBAY whether you like it or not. I dont plan on listing any reserve auctions either. I dont ever see myself suspended. Isnt this over by now?

I used Ebay to get some extra money that I used for my very sick family member, but since you people have NO heart. that doesnt matter to you. Dont worry though, it will all come back to you in the end.

I am assuming that this post was not directed at me since I have no idea what you are talking about. Feel free to end your auctions all you want sir makepoint.gif

I don't know you, but if you did that to me, I'd never bid on an auction of yours ever again. I'd also tell everyone I know about what you did. And they'd tell their friends, etc. And then you know what would happen? Before you know it, no one would bid on your auctions and you'd be cancelling them left and right.

Judging from the list of your recent cancelled auctions, it looks like those particular WHEELS ARE ALREADY IN MOTION.

I am personally not too quick on writing someone off as a bad seller if they do this sort of thing once, but boy oh boy did he end a high percentage of what he listed. 893whatthe.gif If a seller respects an email I shoot off to him and acknowledges that he should probably change his policy on ending auctions early, I may think about giving them a second chance thumbsup2.gif

Whatever, I dont know what to tell you guys anymore. I have a real life and a job. This was extra to help a sick family member out. A lot of people end auctions...so what? Is that all you guys have to do with your life?

What if I did apologize? What satisfaction would that give you TOMEGA? Just because you are mad that you didnt get an XMEN GIANT for $122? Oh I see, thats it isnt it? Why dont you [!@#%^&^] suck up to it? I dont apologize to someone that is nasty to me first. "Thats what makes ebay bad". F*[!@#%^&^] YOU ALL.

I would like to see you actually have a conversation with me in person. All you can handle is typing your bullsh*t online.

Whoa....my reputation ruined...Im scared...NO one bidding on my auctions...whoa....I probably have more valuable comics then half of you. AND everyone that bought from me has been satisfied above and beyond.

I hate it when people end auctions early. It is total BS. If you are not going to go through with the auction at below a certain price, then either pay the reserve fee or sell it elsewhere.

I am personally not too quick on writing someone off as a bad seller if they do this sort of thing once, but boy oh boy did he end a high percentage of what he listed. 893whatthe.gif If a seller respects an email I shoot off to him and acknowledges that he should probably change his policy on ending auctions early, I may think about giving them a second chance thumbsup2.gif

Whatever, I dont know what to tell you guys anymore. I have a real life and a job. This was extra to help a sick family member out. A lot of people end auctions...so what? Is that all you guys have to do with your life?

What if I did apologize? What satisfaction would that give you TOMEGA? Just because you are mad that you didnt get an XMEN GIANT for $122? Oh I see, thats it isnt it? Why dont you [!@#%^&^] suck up to it? I dont apologize to someone that is nasty to me first. "Thats what makes ebay bad". F*[!@#%^&^] YOU ALL.

I would like to see you actually have a conversation with me in person. All you can handle is typing your bullsh*t online.

Whoa....my reputation ruined...Im scared...NO one bidding on my auctions...whoa....I probably have more valuable comics then half of you. AND everyone that bought from me has been satisfied above and beyond.

WOW! 893whatthe.gif That is a great way to handle an already bad situation 893naughty-thumb.gif

I can understand that and I dont plan on ending anymore auctions. BUT what I dont respect is the fact that TOMEGA was very rude to me. I dont owe him an apology and I dont think people should judge me because of it.

If it bothers that many people I wont do it again, but I also deserve respect in return.

I hate it when people end auctions early. It is total BS. If you are not going to go through with the auction at below a certain price, then either pay the reserve fee or sell it elsewhere.

I agree that it is unethical and sucks for ebay buyers. I was just saying that people do make mistakes and hopefully they can acknowledge it when someone points it out to them. Ahhhh.....SCREW IT! BURN 'EM AT THE STAKE! tongue.gif

I will continue to sell on EBAY whether you like it or not. I dont plan on listing any reserve auctions either. I dont ever see myself suspended.

I think this is a challenge boys, and I'm up to it. thumbsup2.gif

jk man tongue.gif Glad to see that you are coming around. I can respect that. Tomega just pointed out a valid point and it looks like you are understanding it a bit more once a few forumites stated their opinions as well. Lets put our egos aside and... errr... okay ready 1...2...3...now kiss and make up! insane.gif

BRING IT ON BOYS. YOU CANT HANDLE THE KITTEN

Hey, I've already reported you under 5 IDs and have forwarded your closed auction list to a bunch of my EBay fraud-fighting friends.

Let's wait a few days and see what happens. insane.gif