• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ending auctions early

155 posts in this topic

So, it wasnt bad for kitty to end the auction early?

It wasn't as bad as everyone is making it out to be. Your only mistake was doing it twice. The second time you should've just started it higher or slapped on a reserve.

HELLO!! I already stated several times before that I wont end any more auctions early. I understand the point now and so I did something WRONG.

I still dont think its right that some [!@#%^&^] can send me an email that was as rude as he was. Any human being with a set of balls would respond back.

Oh wait...you guys dont have any of those. 27_laughing.gif

Is that all you guys have to do with your life?

oh well. Ebay already answered this problem and took care of it. So its OVER. do you undestand what that means?

I probably have more valuable comics then half of you.

Where is the sissy TOMEGA in all of this? Hes the one that started it and now hes run away like a chicken

My, your true colors are showing. It is quite amusing how your posts degraded into a tirade of meaningless insults and a diatribe against those who do not agree with you. What do you consider very rude? Is it you got caught defrauding eBay and wasting people's time that is what you consider rude? My first email to you contained no profanities and referred to your practice of wasting my time. You get what you give. Sissy, that is rich. You sound like a petulant young girl who lives in small room with hopes of getting a date one day, I hope you find true love one day, but do not look here. Dump the shill account superbut, it makes you look immature. 27_laughing.gif If you wondered where I was, I have a life and I do work - very ironic since that is the virtually the same thing you said but you are able to answer your emails all day and post all day. If this was over, why do you keep posting? What is the point? You think you were right and everyone else thinks you were wrong. If you look at your posts and emails, you are the one who started throwing around insults and went off the deep end when no one agreed with you - you should try working on that.

Do I think you scam people directly? No, but I have not checked your past auctions for shilling. grin.gif Not that it matters - you end most of them anyway. 27_laughing.gif My first email to you was far from bad and you should have had the sense that you were caught, placated me and moved on, but you really have strengthened your reputation (sic.) I do not blame you for responding but you definitely could have handled yourself better here, you made yourself look foolish in more then one post.

I probably have more valuable comics then half of you.

Statements like this are what I am talking about. What does this have to do with anything except what a child would say. Most of the people who responded to this thread are serious collectors to the point you could not even conceive of, myself included.

If you want to continue this banter and try to question my character, I welcome it but I think you might find yourself over matched. Not everyone here may agree me but they know exactly who I am and what my integrity is ( go ahead look at my user profile, it says exactly who I am - I notice yours does not.) I do not think you are a bad person but you could have made yourself look a lot better then you did here.

I still have no idea what you are talking about with the ASM #1 so I really cannot respond. It seems to have caused you much angst, why don't you point me in the direction of the thread so I can see where I supposedly treated you like sh*t.

From what you said and what has occurred, I think at this point we will probably not see you cancelling any auctions any time soon.

Love and kisses,

Tomega

It must be nice to think you can Slander my name everywhere and ruin a part time business for me. I have nothing but praise from my buyers. This whole thing wouldn't have started if you didn't write me a nasty email stating you hope that Ebay thows me off. Yeah like I'm gonna sit there and take that. By the way in the past I have contacted members when I ended an auction early to inform them why and they responded nicely. It's you who really just has a problem now isn't it everyone. You see Tomega not everyone here thinks I'm a big scammer and depite your status as Super Collector here, your clout is diminishing.

I have nothing but praise from my buyers. This whole thing wouldn't have started if you didn't write me a nasty email stating you hope that Ebay thows me off. Yeah like I'm gonna sit there and take that. By the way in the past I have contacted members when I ended an auction early to inform them why and they responded nicely. It's you who really just has a problem now isn't it everyone. You see Tomega not everyone here thinks I'm a big scammer and depite your status as Super Collector here, your clout is diminishing.

It must be nice to think you can Slander my name everywhere and ruin a part time business for me.
No if you did not keep ending you E-bay auctions early your part time business would not be "ruined" 893naughty-thumb.gif

It must be nice to think you can Slander my name everywhere and ruin a part time business for me. I have nothing but praise from my buyers.

Listen, if every bidder you canceled an auction on could leave you feedback your feedback would suck so stop bringing up this moot point. makepoint.gif

This whole thing wouldn't have started if you didn't write me a nasty email stating you hope that Ebay thows me off.

Wrong. This wouldn't have started if you hadn't ended auctions early. makepoint.gif

Yeah like I'm gonna sit there and take that. By the way in the past I have contacted members when I ended an auction early to inform them why and they responded nicely.

Now you're just lying.

It's you who really just has a problem now isn't it everyone.

Wrong. It's you that has the problems.

You see Tomega not everyone here thinks I'm a big scammer and depite your status as Super Collector here

Wrong. Your shill account is the only other "person" that thinks you didn't do anything wrong.

your clout is diminishing.

27_laughing.gif Wrong. You ended auctions early, Tomega pointed that out to everyone here and that somehow hurts his "clout"? 27_laughing.gif

At the risk of dragging this thread back to its original topic, I received feedback from ebay today:

Hello,

Thank you for your report. I have reviewed the user IDs that you have

brought to my attention and taken the appropriate action.

Please be assured, if a violation of eBay policy has occurred, we will

take the appropriate action in accordance with our site policies. Such

action may include issuing a warning, temporary suspension, indefinite

suspension or terminating the membership.

Due to eBay's Privacy policy we are unable to provide information

regarding the details of another user's account. We are equally

concerned about violations on the site, and will thoroughly investigate

each report we receive. However, the details of our actions cannot be

disclosed with third party members. Please remember that this is for the

protection of all eBay users.

To see if a user id is currently registered with eBay please check their

feedback profile with the following web address:

http://pages.ebay.com/services/forum/feedback-login.html

This page will tell you if the member is no longer registered with eBay.

I appreciate you helping us keep eBay a safe place to trade.

Regards,

Stanford Francis

eBay Customer Support

Since this came from an address with a human being at the end, I decided to forward them the e-mail I had been sent from the buyer who ended the auction early. You might actually want to read this one:

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write to eBay.

I understand your frustration regarding a Seller that ended a listing

early. I am sorry for this situation. Please understand, though, that

any Seller has the right to cancel all bids and end a listing early.

If you would like to suggest a change in this policy or have other

suggestions, we would encourage you to write to our Product Marketing

Department by using our Web form located at:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/basics/select-support.html

Once there, please follow the steps below:

1. In the box labelled, "1. Select a topic," scroll down and select

"Suggestions."

2. Next, in the box labelled, "2. Select a subtopic," select, "Other

General Suggestions."

3. Finally, in the box labelled, "3. Select an issue," select,

"Suggestions submission - Other General Suggestions."

4. Then, click the "Continue->" button.

5. On the following page, type your suggestion in the text box and click

the "Send to Support->" button.

Our Product Marketing staff and eBay Management welcome the input of our

members and will gladly review your comments. Again, I am sorry for your

frustration.

Please let me know if there is anything further I can do.

Regards,

Keith Langan

eBay Customer Support

eBay

Your Personal Trading Community

(34895849)

Original Message Follows:

-------------------------

Please be aware that I received the following e-mail from the member

concerned:

Re: DENBY G COLLEDGE VERY LARGE STUDIO JUG 3707438528

Date: 07/03/2004 20:29:35 GMT Standard Time

To: gpcove@aol.com

Sent from the Internet (Details)

hi ,

i was selling this jug for a friend and was instructed to withdraw it

from

the auction ,he is wanting offers over £40.00

sorry you was disappointed ,but I should have had a reserve on this

item.

regards Ian.

The bold emphasis is mine.

So there we have it - any seller can end any auction early and NOT break ebay rules. Or am I reading this wrong?

So there we have it - any seller can end any auction early and NOT break ebay rules. Or am I reading this wrong?

Nope. Apparently ebay doesn't want to discourage or offend sellers by proscribing this activity. So in the end it's not against ebay rules - but only sharp practice. Funny how keyword spamming isn't acceptable, but this is.

Nope. Apparently ebay doesn't want to discourage or offend sellers by proscribing this activity. So in the end it's not against ebay rules - but only sharp practice. Funny how keyword spamming isn't acceptable, but this is.

thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Thank you gpcove for making this point. I also wrote ebay's live help to 2 seperate people that told me the same, you have the right to end auctions. I thought I metioned this on a previous post but maybe I just emailed that to Tomega. I know it might not be a good thing to do all the time, and I don't do it all the time as some others would have you think. I don't think 100% feedback is a moot point old guy, and if Tomega didn't decide to blast my good name all over this post to potential customers, I would have left this matter alone and would never have spouted off on this forum, but he insisted. I guess my "shill account" isn't the only other person who thinks I didn't commit the crime of the century after all eh? It looks like Ebay itself says you can do this. WOW!! I can't believe it!! All you people who bashed me you can now read it and weep!!! By the way I am not superbut123 but thanks for the assumption.