• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ending auctions early

155 posts in this topic

I understand your frustration regarding a Seller that ended a listing

early. I am sorry for this situation. Please understand, though, that

any Seller has the right to cancel all bids and end a listing early.

COULD WE END THIS NOW? You guys are being ridiculous. Take notice that there are people that are taking my side in this. So grow up OLD GUY. 27_laughing.gif

Thank you gpcove for making this point. I also wrote ebay's live help to 2 seperate people that told me the same, you have the right to end auctions. I thought I metioned this on a previous post but maybe I just emailed that to Tomega. I know it might not be a good thing to do all the time, and I don't do it all the time as some others would have you think. I don't think 100% feedback is a moot point old guy, and if Tomega didn't decide to blast my good name all over this post to potential customers, I would have left this matter alone and would never have spouted off on this forum, but he insisted. I guess my "shill account" isn't the only other person who thinks I didn't commit the crime of the century after all eh? It looks like Ebay itself says you can do this. WOW!! I can't believe it!! All you people who bashed me you can now read it and weep!!! By the way I am not superbut123 but thanks for the assumption.

Ebay say you CAN end an auction early if you made an error, the item is no longer for sale or has been damaged. Show me where ebay says you can end an auction early because you are not happy with the bidder turnout because you want more money and I'll be happy to shut my mouth and let you have at it! Until then...zip it and play nice!

acclaim.gif

Timely

BTW, here's what ebay says about this topic:

Reasons for ending listings early include:

The item is no longer available for sale.

There was an error in the starting price or reserve amount.

There was an error in the listing.

The item was lost or broken.

Note: Sellers are not permitted to cancel bids and end listings early in order to avoid selling an item that did not meet the desired sale price. This is considered to be reserve fee circumvention. Although there are legitimate reasons for ending a listing early, abuse of this option will be investigated. "

Timely

I thought this was over. Im tired of hearing about it when I already said I would be more considerate in ending my auctions. Its not like I committed a crime or something.

There were already posts on EBAY poliicies. Nothing I didnt hear already. HE could have come up with something better if hes going to put his 2 cents in. 27_laughing.gif

Thank you gpcove for making this point.

Don't thank me, I think you're a jerk.

I was merely running my own story to the end. Ebay say it's against their policies, but when you report a seller with concrete proof, all you get is the runaround with the 'they can do what they like line'. Typical ebay. They're more interested in continuity of fees than the rights of the buyers.

They guy that closed early on me (about 16 seconds) was a 893censored-thumb.gif and if you did the same thing, so are you. I might be more tolerant of you though, as judging by your infantile posts you're presumably a minor and may not have a fully developed moral + ethical framework to live your life by.

If you're actually over the ago of 15 though, then presumably you're a jerk with learning difficulties.

They guy that closed early on me (about 16 seconds) was a 893censored-thumb.gif and if you did the same thing, so are you. I might be more tolerant of you though, as judging by your infantile posts you're presumably a minor and may not have a fully developed moral + ethical framework to live your life by.

If you're actually over the ago of 15 though, then presumably you're a jerk with learning difficulties.

Actually, I have been posting on here for a while and dealt with the "snobs" that come here thinking they are perfect.

People are really good at making assumptions around here. I am a female and I am 24. My remarks may be "infantile" , but at least I have the balls to fight back and not take the bull you give people. GROW UP. How do you deal with people in real life? You dont know me, so dont judge me by ONE minor mistake I made.

Once again, if you want this practice to stop, report it to EBay. These auctions are a RED FLAG, as the seller ended, and then relisted them.

Go here:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/contact_inline/report_problem.html

Report Problems with Other EBay Members ->

Problems with Sellers ->

Seller Ended Listing Early to Avoid Reserve Price Fees

Or maybe &contactUsJSFilename=report_problem.js&contactTitle=Report+problems+with+other+eBay+members'>This Direct Link will work. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Auction Item Numbers: