• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ending auctions early

155 posts in this topic

oh well. Ebay already answered this problem and took care of it. So its OVER. do you undestand what that means? and if you read my other posts you would see that I was trying to work this out.

You handled the situation impeccably.

oh well. Ebay already answered this problem and took care of it. So its OVER. do you undestand what that means?

If it's over, then what's the worry? After all, you were the one making challenges and beating your chest. I'm just obliging you.

This guy ended Giant size X-men twice First time Second time you got to love EBay 893frustrated.gif

You all realize that this "closed auction" phenomenon is one of the harbingers of decreased prices and potential market corrections?

It's pretty obvious, but I thought I'd add that little bit.

You gotta love ebay when SCAMMERS try to sell you a comic they DONT have. NOT when someone ends an auction. HOW long does it take to get through to you guys?

And just for the record....I am the ebay user you are accusing here girlfriend. AKA thunderkitten. .. and I have been posting on here for a while.

You all realize that this "closed auction" phenomenon is one of the harbingers of decreased prices and potential market corrections?

It's pretty obvious, but I thought I'd add that little bit.

JC, you're a geezer, but why is EVERYTHING a harbinger or sign of a potential market correction (i.e. a crash)?

JC, you're a geezer, but why is EVERYTHING a harbinger or sign of a potential market correction (i.e. a crash)?

Come on, you must remember the pre-crash auctions in the Coin and Sportscard markets? Nothing was hitting reserves, tons of people were withdrawing lots, and many of the auction houses basically closed their doors to these collectibles.

When "purchase price" is higher than "resale price", you've got the makings of a real problem.

A good point, no question - but the practice hasn't become widespread in the comic marketplace. Yet. Only at Thunderkitten's house.

Strikes me that the correction has already begun at the lower end, although I have said this before.

Dont worrry about the market crashing. I wont bring it down yet.

Where is the sissy TOMEGA in all of this? Hes the one that started it and now hes run away like a chicken.

Just for the record, don't get in a credibility [!@#%^&^]-match with Tomega. He's got more credibility on this forum then you would have even if you weren't an [!@#%^&^]. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Well I dont think someone that bashes someone over ending an auction the way he did is very credible.

His very first email to me was rude. He could have mentioned politely that its not in good judgement to end auctions early and I would have responded better. Does anyone think about it that way? HELLO??!!!!