• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worst signature placement ever?

19 posts in this topic

This isn't anything new for Garth Ennis. He just aims dead center and signs.

People should know better by now to window bags specifically for Garth Ennis; hypocrite alert!

When he signed this issue he was the first person I got on it... he had ALL the space in the world :sorry: :

theboys30cgcssvirginmulti.jpg

This is why I cut out windows for the artists to sign in in strategic locations. I don't cut out the middle of the bag. Just the area or areas I would be willing to have the book signed.

I sometimes wonder about sigs from artists. Some artists have unbelieve art they can generate but thier signatures look awful.. :shrug: other cant draw for kaka and have a unique signature that looks better than the drawing...

This is why I cut out windows for the artists to sign in in strategic locations. I don't cut out the middle of the bag. Just the area or areas I would be willing to have the book signed.

That's great when you are doing one a week. :baiting:

And to top it off, his signature is awful too. I know for sure I would have said something rude to him if he signed this in front of me.

Nice sig placement!!

Welcome 2 the world of J M DeMatteis as every chance he gets on that 6 part KRAVENS LAST HUNT SET, he hunts out either Spidey, Kraven or Vermin and makes sure 2 sand blast one or 2 heads out with his signature.

I mean like cmon dude...... there's sooo much more room than the heads. lol

That's great when you are doing one a week. :baiting:

:slapfight:

:madashellbooks005.jpg:

seems i have seen hundreds of chris claremont ss books. 99.999 percent of the time he signs across the title. i was shocked when i got this book back. not signed on the title and signed with a black sharpie in the darkest place on the cover.

i guess i better not complain. he could have signed a little lower and you would not have been able to see it at all.

:madashellbooks005.jpg:

seems i have seen hundreds of chris claremont ss books. 99.999 percent of the time he signs across the title. i was shocked when i got this book back. not signed on the title and signed with a black sharpie in the darkest place on the cover.

i guess i better not complain. he could have signed a little lower and you would not have been able to see it at all.

Chris Claremont HATES signing over cover artwork. He signs across the title out of respect for the cover artist. He prefers to sign on the splash page inside but will sign on the cover if requested.

And to top it off, his signature is awful too. I know for sure I would have said something rude to him if he signed this in front of me.

Nice sig placement!!

Ennis gets my vote for worst sig period! 2nd would be Frank Miller :P

Nice sig placement!!

GE is a very nice guy in person. I helped out at a couple of his Avatar signings in Chicago last year. He is friendly and engaging. He also signs stuff like a robot. I asked him very nicely if he would mind signing the Preacher books that I had (I had 10 or 12 to do and they were all Preacher 1s, AV 1s or Preacher Previews lol) across the steeple instead of the face. He graciously did just what I asked. So everyone that got them done like that, you owe me.

My experience has been that if you interact nicely with the creators and ask them politely to sign where you would like them to, they are happy to oblige. YMMV.

--S.

yeah but, if you got a Frank Miller you won't be complaing though

Truly, I do feel lucky to have my one! hm

I sometimes wonder about sigs from artists. Some artists have unbelieve art they can generate but thier signatures look awful.. :shrug: other cant draw for kaka and have a unique signature that looks better than the drawing...
lol:applause: