• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

What are the odds on you buying a major key before the end of the year?
100%, already done

odds on buying "another" depend on how the court copy action 1 goes, but if I lose, I have a nice consolation book already on the horizon :cloud9:

Back to what this thread is really here for: Gator, what are the chances I'll pick up another 10 super sweet Schomburg covers by the end of next year? hm

super-schweet? Them's fightin' words.

Back to what this thread is really here for: Gator, what are the chances I'll pick up another 10 super sweet Schomburg covers by the end of next year? hm

super-schweet? Them's fightin' words.

10 :o

I think it is a 'who knows?' year. Auburn will do something stupid to mess up. They almost always do.

Did I mention that Auburn would do something stupid?

(shrug)

The whole Cam Newton fiasco.

I think it is a 'who knows?' year. Auburn will do something stupid to mess up. They almost always do.

Did I mention that Auburn would do something stupid?

(shrug)

The whole Cam Newton fiasco.

probably won't have any "real" affect until after the season, right?

Didn't Alabama lose their '94 National Championship and get stuck with a 0-10 record? I know I could google it but it's more fun to shoot in the dark. Regardless, if the negative attention doesn't cost them against Georgia and Alabama, I'd be surprised.

It's the only chance LSU really has to make it to the BCS championship game.

Didn't Alabama lose their '94 National Championship and get stuck with a 0-10 record? I know I could google it but it's more fun to shoot in the dark. Regardless, if the negative attention doesn't cost them against Georgia and Alabama, I'd be surprised.

don't think ala lost anything that I recall in 94? (beat my gators in the sec)

parker and I were talking about lsu...really only chance they have is for auburn to lose to Ga and Ala and lsu to win the west and win the SEC...but, it could happen...

don't think anything will come of the cam deal, heck, ncaa had the info since jan and sought to do nothing with it (shrug)

From Wiki:

In just his third season as head coach, Alabama was unbeaten in the regular season, and recorded three shutout victories en route to the inaugural SEC Championship Game. Alabama was able to avoid an upset with a late interception by Antonio Langham, who returned it for a touchdown to secure a 28–21 victory.[51] With the win, Alabama was invited to the 1993 Sugar Bowl to face the unbeaten Miami Hurricanes, who entered with a 29-game winning streak and that year's Heisman Trophy winner, quarterback Gino Torretta. Despite Miami being favored by 8 points, the Crimson Tide's defense proved to be too much as the Tide routed the Hurricanes 34–13[52] and finished a perfect 13-0, allowing them to claim their 12th national championship[53]—the first since the Bryant era.[54]

The Crimson Tide were forced to forfeit eight victories and one tie achieved during the 9–3–1 1993 season in games participated in by senior cornerback Antonio Langham. The NCAA discovered before Alabama's bowl game that year that Langham had violated NCAA rules by signing with an agent after the previous season.[55] Alabama was in contention for another national title in 1994 before losing the SEC Championship Game to Florida, finishing 12-1 after defeating Ohio State in the Citrus Bowl. Though going 8–3 in 1995, Alabama was not allowed to play in a bowl game, due to a probationary stipulation resulting from the Langham incident.[55] Stallings led the team to a 10–3 record and a victory over Michigan in the Outback Bowl during the 1996 season before retiring.[56]

They won it all in 1992 and forfeited most of 1993.

don't think ala lost anything that I recall in 94? (beat my gators in the sec)

parker and I were talking about lsu...really only chance they have is for auburn to lose to Ga and Ala and lsu to win the west and win the SEC...but, it could happen...

don't think anything will come of the cam deal, heck, ncaa had the info since jan and sought to do nothing with it (shrug)

if auburn gets hard proof that he took money, and the ncaa [despite their procedural slowness] knows auburn knows, and auburn knows the ncaa knows they know, auburn might suspend the kid so it looks better for them when the hammer does come down. you know?

From Wiki:

In just his third season as head coach, Alabama was unbeaten in the regular season, and recorded three shutout victories en route to the inaugural SEC Championship Game. Alabama was able to avoid an upset with a late interception by Antonio Langham, who returned it for a touchdown to secure a 28–21 victory.[51] With the win, Alabama was invited to the 1993 Sugar Bowl to face the unbeaten Miami Hurricanes, who entered with a 29-game winning streak and that year's Heisman Trophy winner, quarterback Gino Torretta. Despite Miami being favored by 8 points, the Crimson Tide's defense proved to be too much as the Tide routed the Hurricanes 34–13[52] and finished a perfect 13-0, allowing them to claim their 12th national championship[53]—the first since the Bryant era.[54]

The Crimson Tide were forced to forfeit eight victories and one tie achieved during the 9–3–1 1993 season in games participated in by senior cornerback Antonio Langham. The NCAA discovered before Alabama's bowl game that year that Langham had violated NCAA rules by signing with an agent after the previous season.[55] Alabama was in contention for another national title in 1994 before losing the SEC Championship Game to Florida, finishing 12-1 after defeating Ohio State in the Citrus Bowl. Though going 8–3 in 1995, Alabama was not allowed to play in a bowl game, due to a probationary stipulation resulting from the Langham incident.[55] Stallings led the team to a 10–3 record and a victory over Michigan in the Outback Bowl during the 1996 season before retiring.[56]

They won it all in 1992 and forfeited most of 1993.

they count among those so-said national championships "titles" awarded sometimes years later by outfits that would make pgx look like microsoft. i kid you not; it's kind of funny.

I always hated Alabama until Shaun Alexander went there. He graduated from the same high school as I did (just a bit later). Now South Carolina is the bottom of my list.