• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

I always hated Alabama until Shaun Alexander went there. He graduated from the same high school as I did (just a bit later). Now South Carolina is the bottom of my list.

i have no really, really famous alum from my high school, but my daughter graduated at the school jake delhomme went to. he was oh, so close to winning that super bowl, and woulda been mvp of it had brady not pulled it out.

I always hated Alabama until Shaun Alexander went there. He graduated from the same high school as I did (just a bit later). Now South Carolina is the bottom of my list.

The tide will always be the lowest of the low for me

Hey G.A.t.o.r,

Is this an "a" or an "E" penciled on a 1942 DC?

I've seen it on Novia Scotia peds,instead of the usual "m".

Distributor pencil mark? Lost Ped book?

Thanks

ped-1.jpg

remember I am "old"....that is way to small for me to see it as anything cept a mark that reminds me of a bugger :baiting:

Shaun Alexander....Seattle Fans loved to love him, and loved to hate him. His refusal to fight for the tough yards during most of his career annoyed us to no small degree, but yet he was also the league MVP. Go figure. Doesn't hurt to have an All-Pro line to run behind I suppose....

Hey G.A.t.o.r,

Is this an "a" or an "E" penciled on a 1942 DC?

I've seen it on Novia Scotia peds,instead of the usual "m".

Distributor pencil mark? Lost Ped book?

Thanks

ped-1.jpg

remember I am "old"....that is way to small for me to see it as anything cept a mark that reminds me of a bugger :baiting:

:roflmao:

Dear Gator,

When will you find me an Action Comics 1 .5 or 1.0?

Thanks.

I know where there is a 1.0 right now (sitting in a 2.5 holder), can be yours for $199K (shrug)

If that is the one with the chunk missing....I don't like that copy at that price. :P $199k :cry:

well, you asked, I offered :baiting:

Shaun Alexander....Seattle Fans loved to love him, and loved to hate him. His refusal to fight for the tough yards during most of his career annoyed us to no small degree, but yet he was also the league MVP. Go figure. Doesn't hurt to have an All-Pro line to run behind I suppose....

I think they felt the same at Alabama. I watched every game his senior year in high school and no one ever managed to hit him hard. It was probably the most fun I ever had at a football game, next to the Earthquake game at LSU. I saw him gain nearly 300 yards and score seven touchdown by halftime against one team. The coach took him out for the second half or he would have had a thousand yards.

They won the most exciting high school game I ever watched when they snuck him in as a DB with the game tied and only a minute to go. He intercepted a pass and ran it back 60 yards for a touchdown. lol The games averaged 10,000 people that year with them lined up 3 deep standing around the field. Teams from Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky would come watch the game if they weren't playing. Easily the best high school football player I will ever see.

Dear Gator,

Why does this thread always revert to college football of the Southern variety..?

Because college football anywhere else is more like flag football.

Dear Gator,

Why does this thread always revert to college football of the Southern variety..?

because they don't have Chick-fil-a restaraunts in NY lol

Actually there IS a Chick-fil-A in Manhattan. It's a little top secret because its on NYUs campus, but it is accessible to the public. As soon as I found out about it, I had to go because I love Chick-fil-A, and I am happy to say that it was as good as it is anywhere. The only caveat is that you have to be prepared to feel very old because you are going to be eating with college kids. But then again, it's Chick-fil-A, so it's worth it.

Dear Gator,

because they don't have Chick-fil-a restaraunts in NY lol

Actually there IS a Chick-fil-A in Manhattan. It's a little top secret because its on NYUs campus, but it is accessible to the public. As soon as I found out about it, I had to go because I love Chick-fil-A, and I am happy to say that it was as good as it is anywhere. The only caveat is that you have to be prepared to feel very old because you are going to be eating with college kids. But then again, it's Chick-fil-A, so it's worth it.

Believe it or not, my Dad went to college with the founder of Chic-Fil-A.