• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Flash 105!

A similar A1 mod 6.5 went for 150K just moons ago.

This is an Ext .5 book. If this goes north of 40K I will mess my pants.

But then again IF the hulk #181 cgc 9.9 sale is legit, - then anyhting can happen. Reality sometimes seem to surpass reality ... sometimes at least

Someone get this man's washer ready and a fresh pair of pants ASAP!

Flash 105!

But then again IF the hulk #181 cgc 9.9 sale is legit, - then anyhting can happen. Reality sometimes seem to surpass reality ... sometimes at least

lol

Flash 105!

lol

:( Well I wouldnt have shelled out 43K. But somebody else apparently did. (thumbs u

Rick, unless I missed it why are you not actively promoting [on these boards] the sweet books you are currently selling on Ebay. :cloud9:
I guess I could, just didn't think about it... my feeling is folks actively looking for these type of books, do so all the time anyway, and will run across without me plugging, but not a bad idea...can't hurt, right (shrug)

Flash 105!

lol

But I can smell that somebody certainly his pants over this sale. The seller perhaps lol

Flash 105!

lol

:( Well I wouldnt have shelled out 43K. But somebody else apparently did. (thumbs u

I would have. That book was one centerfold away from being a complete Action #1.

Do you think if a centerfold comes to market that it's going to cost more than $100K?

I don't think so.

Looks like somebody got a steal IMO.

Dear Gator,

What's the FMV on an Action Comics #10?

fair............Good.................VG

:popcorn:

Eye appeal aside ( huge factor in pricing lower grade)

Fr-2k

Gd-4-5k

Gd/vg-7500

vg-8-10k

Flash 105!

lol

I would have. That book was one centerfold away from being a complete Action #1.

Do you think if a centerfold comes to market that it's going to cost more than $100K?

I don't think so.

Looks like somebody got a steal IMO.

Its pretty hypothetical isnt it? One centerfold away and then it might be perhaps this - perhaps that. Again IF a centerfold turned up (and didnt cost 100K :wishluck:). And the issues inside remain undescribed for all who dont know the book. Its a big world of 'If's'.

A steal ... I dont know

Dear Gator,

Fr-2k

Gd-4-5k

Gd/vg-7500

vg-8-10k

For purple label right? A bit cheap for blue label. Or your buying price. hm

Dear Gator,

Fr-2k

Gd-4-5k

Gd/vg-7500

vg-8-10k

I'm so glad I don't collect early Actions :)

Dear Gator,

Fr-2k

Gd-4-5k

Gd/vg-7500

vg-8-10k

Dear Gator,

Fr-2k

Gd-4-5k

Gd/vg-7500

vg-8-10k

Rick, unless I missed it why are you not actively promoting [on these boards] the sweet books you are currently selling on Ebay. :cloud9:
I guess I could, just didn't think about it... my feeling is folks actively looking for these type of books, do so all the time anyway, and will run across without me plugging, but not a bad idea...can't hurt, right (shrug)

That GL#1 you have is one of the nicest copies for that grade as your ever going to find. :wishluck:

A steal ... I dont know

It's a steal.

Here's why...this is what the individual wraps sold for:

Action 1 5th wrap $6353

Action 1 6th wrap $3010

Action 1 13th wrap $1300

Action 1 14th wrap $890

Action 1 15th wrap $850

Also a 1st wrap sold for $3100 several years ago...pretty sure it would sell for much more.

That's $15,000 for less than 1/2 the interior with 10 (or 11 wraps) still to be accounted for. Then you have the cover, which would easily be a 5 figure piece.

There are several incomplete copies of Action #1 out there and if someone with an interior were to purchase this copy you basically have a $90,000+ plus book by adding one centerfold.

Dear Gator,

Fr-2k

Gd-4-5k

Gd/vg-7500

vg-8-10k

blue label "if" any were to show up...a fr ish copy (closer to poor than fair from an eye appeal standpoint) very recently sold for $1300 or so...and yes, it has been 2 years ago, but action 10 was still action 10 then, a cgc 5.5 went for 17,500, so maybe today it is 20K...this is not action 13 we are talking about, but action 10 (thumbs u

Dear Gator,

Fr-2k

Gd-4-5k

Gd/vg-7500

vg-8-10k

blue label "if" any were to show up...a fr ish copy (closer to poor than fair from an eye appeal standpoint) very recently sold for $1300 or so...and yes, it has been 2 years ago, but action 10 was still action 10 then, a cgc 5.5 went for 17,500, so maybe today it is 20K...this is not action 13 we are talking about, but action 10 (thumbs u

Understand. (thumbs u Those are reasonable prices to pay. From those A10 prices, A13 is like 2.5 to 3.0 times the value of A10.

A steal ... I dont know

It's a steal.

Here's why...this is what the individual wraps sold for:

Action 1 5th wrap $6353

Action 1 6th wrap $3010

Action 1 13th wrap $1300

Action 1 14th wrap $890

Action 1 15th wrap $850

Also a 1st wrap sold for $3100 several years ago...pretty sure it would sell for much more.

That's $15,000 for less than 1/2 the interior with 10 (or 11 wraps) still to be accounted for. Then you have the cover, which would easily be a 5 figure piece.

There are several incomplete copies of Action #1 out there and if someone with an interior were to purchase this copy you basically have a $90,000+ plus book by adding one centerfold.

Thats convincing figures you are pulling, - that is *if* its legit to calculate complete-copy-value by adding FMV for each wrap?

But thats the problem isnt it? That for the big ticket books value is not easy to determine? So nobody can be blamed for trying to calculate what is cheap or steep. There was an Ext 4.5 Tec27 that sold out of metro a year ago in the mid 30K range. The UK Ext. 4.5 sold recenly for close to 50K.

An Action #1 I guess is even more incalculable when it comes to determine FMV at a given moment in time ...

Edited by Angelius Silesius