• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Dear Gator,

How scarce is the first Tales of Terror Annual? How many copies have you seen over the years?

Considered scarce. I have probably only seen a couple 3 or 5. Have heard folks mention toughest to obtain EC I know halperin has/had a 9.0 copy

Is a Detective 27 in VG to Fine range with extensive pro resto a safe investment? Lets say it costs $60k, where would you imagine the book being 10 years from now? 25? 50?

Break out the crystal ball! :)

Is a Detective 27 in VG to Fine range with extensive pro resto a safe investment? Lets say it costs $60k, where would you imagine the book being 10 years from now? 25? 50?

Break out the crystal ball! :)

my guess is any tec 27 is a good investment as long as the hold period is sufficient. My guess is someone can take an ext vg to fine and with minimal dollars increase the apparent grade. 60k is over fmv today but at some future point the book will catch up

Dear Gator..

If you could only collect one title from each of the following genres, what would they be and why.

GA Superhero-

GA War-

GA Romance-

GA Humor-

GA Western-

GA Horror-

Edited by The Resurrection

Dear Gator..

If you could only collect one title from each of the following genres, what would they be and why.

GA Superhero- while Action was my first GA superhero title I ever collected, Detective comics would "win" today...just more of a batman fan

GA War- the war covers of MMC are among the best...would be my choice

GA Romance-never really given it any thought... hm

GA Humor-Pep...love archie humor

GA Western-afraid I would pass, no interest in westerns

GA Horror- Crime does not Pay seems to have the best combo of covers and stories

GA Horror- Crime does not Pay seems to have the best combo of covers and stories
Best to avoid the lame-o covers and stories for EC, Superior or Gilmore. ???

I have enjoyed several stories...however, the reprints are so much cheaper that I do find myself driven to some covers!

CSS are good too (thumbs u

I have enjoyed several stories...however, the reprints are so much cheaper that I do find myself driven to some covers!

:gossip: CDNP isn't considered a horror title. It's a crime title.

:gossip: CDNP isn't considered a horror title. It's a crime title.

I know, but some of those stories are so bad, it is "scary" :roflmao: