• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Quite a few 50s titles have little apparent demand because they have, historically, shown up in grade so infrequently. No one asks about titles like PS at Cons because it becomes clear fairly quickly that it is a useless exercise. Should a high grade set appear on the market I suspect it would garner attention at an auction.

relative supply and demand (thumbs u

a good indicator of demand would be to take a poll and see how many of our active golden age collectors collect the title ...I personally have never run across anyone that has ever asked me if I had any issues at any cons I have set up for the past few years ...so, not saying the character doesn't have relevance, just saying it is apparent from my perspective that demand is either low, or quiet

i collected this one!

ps6.jpg

but i'd have no real interest to own if not for the savanah designation/pre-s'case 4 date. that said, i do like the book.

a good indicator of demand would be to take a poll and see how many of our active golden age collectors collect the title ...I personally have never run across anyone that has ever asked me if I had any issues at any cons I have set up for the past few years ...so, not saying the character doesn't have relevance, just saying it is apparent from my perspective that demand is either low, or quiet

i collected this one!

ps6.jpg

but i'd have no real interest to own if not for the savanah designation/pre-s'case 4 date. that said, i do like the book.

pretty

I have a PHANTOM STRANGER #3 at CGC waiting for a grade.

This 1953 edition was one of the last comics I bought off the

newsstand.

mm

Quite a few 50s titles have little apparent demand because they have, historically, shown up in grade so infrequently. No one asks about titles like PS at Cons because it becomes clear fairly quickly that it is a useless exercise. Should a high grade set appear on the market I suspect it would garner attention at an auction.

relative supply and demand (thumbs u

None of my relatives collect the series, but I sold a good customer a complete set a few years ago and would like to buy it back now.

You also are known (primarily) for stocking keys and first appearances, which may be why no one asks you for the more obscure stuff. :makepoint:

You also are known (primarily) for stocking keys and first appearances, which may be why no one asks you for the more obscure stuff. :makepoint:

:roflmao:

Were you at Boston Comicon in April? There were a few dealers from Florida there.
nope, I am afraid I have not made a boston show

I have a PHANTOM STRANGER #3 at CGC waiting for a grade.

This 1953 edition was one of the last comics I bought off the

newsstand.

mm

:golfclap:

at sdcc last year, I had almost 600 "obscure" or lessor known GA books (including a phatom stranger 2), compared to 150 GA/SA keys (thumbs u

at sdcc last year, I had almost 600 "obscure" or lessor known GA books (including a phatom stranger 2), compared to 150 GA/SA keys (thumbs u

Do you still have the Phantom Stranger #2?

If not you have had a 100% sell through on that title. Those are some impressive numbers.

Do you still have the Phantom Stranger #2?

If not you have had a 100% sell through on that title. Those are some impressive numbers.

sold it and one of your ball caps in SD :)

Were you at Boston Comicon in April? There were a few dealers from Florida there.
nope, I am afraid I have not made a boston show

Too bad! Well, as I said, there were a few dealers from Florida there and they were excellent to deal with and they really treated me right. Thought I would ask, as it would have been a funny coincidence.

Dear Gator,

What are your thoughts on a CGC 5.5 Phantom Lady #17?

(worship)

my only thoughts are of regret that I don't have one in my collection (thumbs u