• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Dear Gator,

What are your thoughts on a CGC 5.5 Phantom Lady #17?

(worship)

my only thoughts are of regret that I don't have one in my collection (thumbs u

:sorry: Mine is still raw; pink pages, but not as supple as I'd like. Looks 9.0+, but would probably grade 7.0 or 6.5 because of the PQ. Given the level of interest, what do you think it would bring? hm

img_PhantomLady17_080-1-1.jpg

Heel, boy, HEEL! :grin:

59186633.jpg

Dear Gator,

What are your thoughts on a CGC 5.5 Phantom Lady #17?

(worship)

my only thoughts are of regret that I don't have one in my collection (thumbs u

:sorry: Mine is still raw; pink pages, but not as supple as I'd like. Looks 9.0+, but would probably grade 7.0 or 6.5 because of the PQ. Given the level of interest, what do you think it would bring? hm

img_PhantomLady17_080-1-1.jpg

Heel, boy, HEEL! :grin:

59186633.jpg

Unless the pages are brittle or slightly brittle, why lower your assessment of the book from 9.0+ down to 6.5-7.0? (shrug)

Unless the pages are brittle or slightly brittle, why lower your assessment of the book from 9.0+ down to 6.5-7.0? (shrug)

I just hate the word brittle! Even slightly! lol

don't discriminate lol

I just hate the word brittle! Even slightly! lol

don't discriminate lol

:idea: Maybe if I used the word "hard" instead of "brittle" the PQ wouldn't matter quite so much.

:banana:

An 8.5 sold for $7763 back in 2003!

:o

That's the copy I used to own. I bought it from Al Capps. He bought it from Robert Rotor who graded it a NM 80 on his 1990's grading scale. 8.5 was more in line.

An 8.5 sold for $7763 back in 2003!

:o

That's the copy I used to own. I bought it from Al Capps. He bought it from Robert Rotor who graded it a NM 80 on his 1990's grading scale. 8.5 was more in line.

Cool! I'd say small world, but with GA it is...

doh!

Dear Gator,

As a Coke Zero guy, you're a veritable soda fountain of knowledge. Alas, I have a question about libation of a different sort.

Do you know the name of the oldest still functioning pub in England, when and where it was established? hm

I'll buy you a case of Coke Zero if you get any part of the answer right without Googling for it. :insane:

Dear Gator,

As a Coke Zero guy, you're a veritable soda fountain of knowledge. Alas, I have a question about libation of a different sort.

Do you know the name of the oldest still functioning pub in England, when and where it was established? hm

I'll buy you a case of Coke Zero if you get any part of the answer right without Googling for it. :insane:

I have a customer in hertfordshire that claims he frequents the oldest pub but I know no the name nor year. He lives in st Albans if you are there and wish to ring him

Dear Gator,

I have a customer in hertfordshire that claims he frequents the oldest pub but I know no the name nor year. He lives in st Albans if you are there and wish to ring him

Close enough of a try that I'll buy you a Coke Zero at SDCC.

The answer is: Ye Olde Trip To Jerusalem, an Inn & tavern excavated out of limestone in The city of Nottingham in the year 1189AD! The outer building is a bit newer, but the photo provides one sobering observation about the age of this pub (to think, no cable)!

ce8722fd.jpg

The interior...

f19c3963.jpg

Cheers!

Are there at least dancing bears (shrug)

After a couple of pints anything's possible! (thumbs u

. . . one sobering observation . . .

Sorry to hear your holiday has come to an end. Thanks for posting!

:cry:

Actually, far from it. Today we were in Edinburgh and later today Glasgow. Tomorrow, Aberdeen and Perth, the back to London on Monday. :gossip:

d234a417.jpg

Edited by DavidMerryweather

Are there at least dancing bears (shrug)

After a couple of pints anything's possible! (thumbs u

. . . one sobering observation . . .

Sorry to hear your holiday has come to an end. Thanks for posting!

:cry:

Actually, far from it. Today we were in Edinburgh and later today Glascoe. Tomorrow, Aberdeen and Perth, the back to London on Monday. :gossip:

d234a417.jpg

Am I the only one that has observed every picture he post has him drinking some form of alcohol (shrug)

I starting to really like this guy (thumbs u