• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

GAtor, I am curious what you think are the 5 top Hitler covers on the market today? Not necessarily your favourites but the ones that seem to be selling the best and/or most sought after.

wonderful question...

the 5 I have the most demand for are:

Captain america 1

Great 3

MMC 46 (green worm ear)

Real Life 3

Daredevil Battles Hitler

again, those are not my 5 fav or even the 5 "best" , but those are the 5 comics I am most asked for at shows, etc, that feature hitler on cover

Are your five faves also the five "best"? (Not a trick question!)

nope...these are my 5 fav

great 3

real life 3

captain marvel jr 10

MMC 46

superman 17

Both great lists... I want a Real Life 3. :cry:

Pretty much all ga in hg has And continues to move up. It is not limited or restricted to certain genres or niches

Seems as if Harvey Romance "file" copies might be an exception. Prices on those seem pretty low -- often too low for sellers to send them to CGC.

diff bw availability and lack of...

Pretty much all ga in hg has And continues to move up. It is not limited or restricted to certain genres or niches

We are so used to seeing St John romance in mid-grades and many never in high grades. So we pay high grade prices for mid-grade books in this niche, and sometimes cant quite figure out how to put a true value on the rare high grade copy. So they can fluctuate wildly.

That has been known to happen! :D

Availability of ss6 is sometimes limited. Unless you know someone with one for sale generally a public avenue is best to locate

As for price my guess is 2-3k likely depending on if you can even find one

Availability of ss6 is sometimes limited. Unless you know someone with one for sale generally a public avenue is best to locate

I paid in that range for a restored 5.5, so the price varies widely on this book

I paid in that range for a restored 5.5, so the price varies widely on this book

indeed. I paid 1950 for my 3.5 a couple of years sgo

Spoken like an Overstreet adviser!

Spoken like an Overstreet adviser!

:acclaim:

GAtor, I am curious what you think are the 5 top Hitler covers on the market today? Not necessarily your favourites but the ones that seem to be selling the best and/or most sought after.

wonderful question...

Captain america 1

Great 3

MMC 46 (green worm ear)

Real Life 3

Daredevil Battles Hitler

again, those are not my 5 fav or even the 5 "best" , but those are the 5 comics I am most asked for at shows, etc, that feature hitler on cover

great 3

real life 3

captain marvel jr 10

MMC 46

superman 17

It's all a question of taste. Just wondering, has anyone here ever done a comprehensive list of Hitler/Tojo covers?

wonderful question...

Captain america 1

Great 3

MMC 46 (green worm ear)

Real Life 3

Daredevil Battles Hitler

great 3

real life 3

captain marvel jr 10

MMC 46

superman 17

It's all a question of taste. Just wondering, has anyone here ever done a comprehensive list of Hitler/Tojo covers?

I think there's a fairly updated one in the Hitler/Axis thread.

We've discussed the most valuable "low-grade" GA books in the hobby...

But what are the most valuable "high-grade" GA books in the hobby?

The Top-3 are easy:

1) Action Comics #1

2) Detective Comics #27

3) Superman #1

It's determining #4-10 that may prove to be more difficult.

Lets establish a baseline of CGC Universal 8.0 since some books have not seen any copies slabbed any higher than that (Superman #1 comes to mind).